1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Is Agenda 21?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those who follow Glenn Beck might be aware that Tuesday marks the release of his latest book, “Agenda 21,” the suspenseful and perhaps sobering tale of a futuristic America in which a UN-led program spawned an authoritarian state where individuals are stripped of all personal rights and freedoms.

Oddly, Beck’s novel is not simply a work of fiction, but based on an actual program created by the United Nations by the very same name — “Agenda 21″ — which, according to the UN’s own website, is a “comprehensive plan of action to be taken globally, nationally and locally by organizations of the United Nations system, governments and major groups, in every area in which human impacts on the environment.”

In so many words, the United Nations seeks to co-opt, via individual governments, and eventually, a “one-world government,” privately held land under the auspices of ensuring its “sustainability.” Worse still, the UN’s Agenda 21 has even laid out plans for “depopulation” or rather, “population control.” If it sounds like something out of George Orwell’s 1984, that is because Agenda 21′s tenets are eerily in line with the demented alternate reality Orwell himself had imagined while scribing the pages of his famed novel.

“Sustainable development” is the catch-phrase Beck urged his Monday evening viewers to be leery of.

Where one can live and what land should be designated for would, under fully-realized Agenda 21 plan, be controlled by the United Nations and a future one-world government. Consider the following section from the UN website on Agenda 21′s plan for “promoting sustainable human settlement development.” Emphasis added:

The overall human settlement objective is to improve the social, economic and environmental quality of human settlements and the living and working environments of all people, in particular the urban and rural poor. Such improvement should be based on technical cooperation activities, partnerships among the public, private and community sectors and participation in the decision-making process by community groups and special interest groups such as women, indigenous people, the elderly and the disabled. These approaches should form the core principles of national settlement strategies. In developing these strategies, countries will need to set priorities among the eight programme areas in this chapter in accordance with their national plans and objectives, taking fully into account their social and cultural capabilities. Furthermore, countries should make appropriate provision to monitor the impact of their strategies on marginalized and disenfranchised groups, with particular reference to the needs of women.

7.5. The programme areas included in this chapter are:

(a) Providing adequate shelter for all;

(b) Improving human settlement management;

(c) Promoting sustainable land-use planning and management;

(d) Promoting the integrated provision of environmental infrastructure: water, sanitation, drainage and solid-waste management;

(e) Promoting sustainable energy and transport systems in human settlements;

(f) Promoting human settlement planning and management in disaster-prone areas;

(g) Promoting sustainable construction industry activities;

(h) Promoting human resource development and capacity-building for human settlement development.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...after-watching-this-you-may-not-want-to-know/

2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does it have anything to do with card counting?

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe real estate?

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

4. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nah, it's Conspiracy 101. (You know: If you deny it, that's proof that you're part of the conspiracy or at least a dupe.)

The United States, contrary to right-wing opinion, is a sovereign state and regularly thumbs its nose at the rest of the world.

And the folks who wonder why Cruz lost to Trump have to consider the company he kept in touring with cultist Beck. (I can testify to it because I was at one of the rallies. Seemed to work because he won in my state, but I wonder if Cruz realized what he sold his political soul to. Given Cruz's self-awareness, I doubt it. He's as much a narcissist at Trump.)

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See folks you can use words like "cultist" "narcissist" "conspiracy" and say nothing about the actual material in the op and feel justified. Really what it does is make one look ignorant while trying to look otherwise.

6. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would think that looking ignorant while trying look otherwise would be a common experience for you, given your penchant for posting baloney and fawning on Beck.

7. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's it, I'm cashing in my retirement account and buying gold.

• Like Like x 1
  8. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It doesn't matter what Agenda 21 contains because the U.S. has their own agenda and that is to ignore the UN when they try to influence, condemn, or control us. At the same time the US uses the UN to advance their own agenda.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo