1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is Provisionism?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by 37818, Apr 28, 2024.

1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. DaveXR650

DaveXR650 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for putting that up. What I was talking about in the other thread is seen at the 13 to the 15 minute mark on this video. Flowers seems, to me at least, to limit the work of the Holy Spirit to an illuminating role. He does not explain this (although I have not had time to listen to the last 13 minutes of the video yet) but leaves it at that. He does not explain whether this illumination is universal, or only given sovereignly although he does say it can be resisted. Am I correct in that? If I am, my question is how is this any different than a Pelagian view that says all men already have all they need to turn to God and if it is not correct - if God is illuminating some but not all, equally, then how is the same charge of unfairness not still in effect here as is charged to Calvinism.