1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is the doctrine of Calvinism?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by James_Newman, Mar 16, 2006.

1. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Thats not what the passage says- it says all Judea was baptized by John, not all who believed in Judea was baptized by John.

So was all Judea baptized?

How about all the people who never heard? Did it bring joy to them.

I agree that man could willfuly choose to trust Christ if his will would allow him too, but because man's will is only bent on sin, he will not of his own self choose salvation in Christ, therefore God must sovereingly intervene. We know from the Scriptures that those whom He does save were chosen before the foundation of the world.

I don't know how you can say there is not predetermination by God because the Bible indicates that we were chosen by Him on numerous occasions.

2. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I didn't see your name in there. Wouldn't you have to 'persevere' before you could know that you were one of the elect?