1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is the fastest?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Havensdad, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

I was curious what the fastest completion time for say, a BTh was? (an accredited legitimate college) I know 3-4 years is the average, apparently, but I am curious if anyone beat that, and completed one in less than 3.

Also curious> same question on the M. Div.

Why am I asking? Don't know. I am bored, and curious. I grew up in a very pushy, performance oriented household.

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most bachelors degrees in theology are BAs, but the name doesn't matter. You could complete one in less than 3 if you took heavy loads and/or combined it with CLEP or AP credit.

For example, if you tested out of 30 credit hours (10 courses), then took 18 hours for each regular term with 6 hours in the summer, you'd be on pace to finish in two and a half years.

That would be a very face pace, though, and it should not be attempted by anyone working anything close to a full-time job.

If a college expects this kind of course load, generally the program isn't as academically challenging as it should be.

A more reasonable load would be 15 hours per term for a full-time student with a part-time job or 6-9 hours for someone with a full-time job, depending on the difficulty of the classes.

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did one in 1 year, it was a program for those that had a BA already so that probably makes it a 5 year degree program :laugh:

4. BRIANH

BRIANH Member

I will finish my M. Div in 2 years and one semester; distance learning at LBTS. The key is getting a head start on your first classes by watching all the videos. Then you stay ahead. 15 each semester and you only pay 2000 a semester in tuition.
    Of course this is theoretical, I am only 1/3 done! But so far so good!

#4 BRIANH, Jul 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2008