1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is the OFFICIAL Sda Views On Gospel And Ellen White?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Yeshua1, Mar 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    no He was not a Son, until He became a man, And the Father was not a Father (individually) until Jesus became a son of man

Heb 1:5
    For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

otherwise Jesus is God who became a man yet was in Heaven while on earth

2. One Baptism

One Baptism Active Member

I do not want you to think I have forgotten this, or ignored it, but time is fleeting and limited, so, I want to say that I waws making distinction between knowing what God's perfect Will is [His Ten Commandments; Psalms 40:8; Exodus 20:6; John 14:15; Exodus 20:1-17; Deuteronomy 5:6-21, 6:5; Leviticus 19:17-18 KJB], and my own inability [not being omniscient] to know all the depth of my own heart, only which God may fully know and see and judge. There are two things involved here. I do not place the judgment in my court, but accept it as it is in His court. You asked a question of me, to which I cannot answer, without taking the place of God, which is why I directed your attention to God who does know the answer to your question.

Obedience to God's perfect will exists in Heaven:

Psalms 103:20 KJB - Bless the LORD, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.​

The angels of Heaven listen to Jesus and do His commandments, in Heaven.

Jesus said:

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Matthew 6:10 KJB - Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
    I think what happens, without in any way being derogatory, is that people, are afraid of the word "perfect", "perfection", or do not understand what it means according to scripture [KJB]:

Deuteronomy 18:13 KB - Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.

Romans 12:2 KJB - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Philppians 3:15 KJB - Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Colossians 1:28 KJB - Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Colossians 4:12 KJB - Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.

2 Timothy 3:17 KJB - That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Notice the Sanctuary language there, "... throughly furnished ..."

Hebrews 13:21 KJB - Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

James 1:4 KJB - But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

James 2:22 KJB - Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

James 3:2 KJB - For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

1 Peter 5:10 KJB - But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

1 John 4:17 KJB - Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

1 John 4:18 KJB - There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.​

etc. Cannot God perfect that which He began in us? Does the scripture teach that we have to wait until the flesh is perfected? No, for in the New Creation, God is starting with the heart, in which Glorification takes place first, then follows the flesh.

We are to now practice the Law of heaven, to know what the locals eat, what they do, how they live [just as if you were to travel to another country from your own].

3. One Baptism

One Baptism Active Member

Frankly, and in charity [1 Corinthians 13 KJB], that which you stated is a gross error.

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.