1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is the SINGLE biggest caster of doubt on God's Word?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by LorrieAB, Dec 21, 2005.

1. LorrieAB

LorrieAB New Member

What is the SINGLE biggest caster of doubt on God's Word? SPECIFICLLY, not generally as the depravity of man and his sin nature... Seems to me it would have to be the "theroy of evolution" and the "scientists" that seem "hell-bent" on "proving" other than creation as it casts doubt on much of His Word and from the beggining (Gen 1:1). What got me thinking about this is 2Th 2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: and that it speaks of "a" lie KJV or "the" lie LITV SINGULAR, not believe lies or lying, but a or the lie. Thoughts, comments.

2. LorrieAB

LorrieAB New Member

BTW if not that, then what is "a" or "the" lie?

3. eloidalmanutha

eloidalmanutha New Member

The lie is that Jesus is not God, was not born as God, is not fully God, is not the Word of God made flesh = the Bible is not the Inspired Word of God.

The lie will come in many different forms depending on what religion you follow. What will appear as the doctrine of the Infallible/Inspired Word of God and that Jesus is God, will fall apart if you dig deep enough under the layers of deception.

4. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

Evolution is an issue that causes doubt, all right. The person who realizes that evolution is true after all comes across a church that insists he believe evolution to be false and wonders, hey, what else have they got wrong?

Then he goes and examines the (ha ha) arguments against evolution and they turn out to be crazy science or single minded my way only interpretation of the bible . . .

well, there goes (in his mind) the credibility of THAT religion . . .

5. jw

jw New Member

Would have to agree with Eloidalmanutha, attacks on the person or nature of Jesus Christ has been around since day 1. Almost every NT epistle deals with that issue in one form or another in the churches, and every false religion of the day stems from a corruption of that doctrine.

6. JWI

JWI New Member

Paul of Eugene

I am not going to get on another endless debate with you evolutionists, but I would like you to explain one thing in detail concerning this statement.

"Then he goes and examines the (ha ha) arguments against evolution and they turn out to be crazy science or single minded my way only interpretation of the bible . . . "

You and others who believe in evolution have frequently made the claim that creationists "misinterpret" the creation account in Genesis.

Or, as you put it, "my way only interpretation of the Bible".

Since you and others claim that you believe the Bible, could you please go verse by verse and show us creationists where and why we have misinterpreted these verses?

Please show us the correct interpretations of these verses.

Could you please show all verses, or as many as possible from the Bible that supports evolution?

If you are going to insist that creationists misinterpret the Bible, it is only fair that you show us where we are wrong.

If you cannot do this, I don't think you should make statements like this.

7. Psalm 100

Psalm 100 New Member

IMO, the biggest lie out there is that evil is subjective and satan isn't real.

8. James Flagg

James Flagg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't this like asking, "Could you please show where the Bible supports the Germ Theory of Disease? Could you please show where the Bible explains the catecholamine cascade and the Krebs Cycle?"

Can you please explain where the Bible indicates that an anti-nuclear antibody titer greater than 1:70 indicates an autoimmune disorder?

Science and religion are separate. Religion is immune to reason and logic, science is not and that is precisely what makes it "science".

Get over it.

9. Ladyhawk

Ladyhawk New Member

non-Baptists' posts will be deleted from Baptists only forums. Please follow BB rules.
    DHK

[ December 29, 2005, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: DHK ]

10. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The average Christian who lives like a practical atheist by not sharing his faith and discipling others.

11. JWI

JWI New Member

The problem with your argument is that while the Bible does not discuss the Germ Theory of Disease, it does address Creation.

The Bible cleary states that Adam was created from the dust of the ground. The Bible clearly says Eve was made from Adam's rib. Eve is the only creature described as being formed from another. If God clearly describes Eve as being taken from Adam, it seems perfectly reasonable to believe he would have said Adam was also formed from some other creature if this was the case.

The Bible also clearly says that God finished creation in six days, not the many billions of years that evolution claims.

The creation account in Genesis differs from the theory in many other ways as well.

But you KNOW that.

So, once again, if evolutionists are going to repeatedly claim that creationists misinterpret the Bible, it is only right that you show us the correct interpretation.

You are simply evading answering the question.

12. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That's easy: hyperfundamentalism.

We Christians think that the biggest caster of doubt is on the outside. It is not. It is on the inside. Hyperfundamentalism is 10 times more dangerous than liberal religiionism. It is a cancer that eats away at the body of Christ from the inside out. It succeeds so well at casting doubt on God's Word that it causes outsiders to buy into that doubt.

So, why is hyperfundamentalism so difficult to combat? Because it sounds so much like the Truth, and is therefore difficult to even identify sometimes. Calling out hyperfundamentalism often leaves the person who did the calling out beaten and bloodied, due mostly to hyperfundamentalism's ability to rally other naive Christians (often fundamentalists of the non-hyper variety) into unknowingly defend it. But all faithful Christians need to stand up and take a firm stand against hyperfundamentalism, before it succeeds in completely destroying the church.

13. James Flagg

James Flagg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No one ever said that humans evolved from apes. Anyone who says this is not talking about Darwinian Evolution.

Darwin said that apes and humans have a common ancestor; the pongid which is now extinct.

14. James Flagg

James Flagg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem with your argument is that while the Bible does not discuss the Germ Theory of Disease, it does address Creation.

The Bible cleary states that Adam was created from the dust of the ground. The Bible clearly says Eve was made from Adam's rib. Eve is the only creature described as being formed from another. If God clearly describes Eve as being taken from Adam, it seems perfectly reasonable to believe he would have said Adam was also formed from some other creature if this was the case.

The Bible also clearly says that God finished creation in six days, not the many billions of years that evolution claims.

The creation account in Genesis differs from the theory in many other ways as well.

But you KNOW that.

So, once again, if evolutionists are going to repeatedly claim that creationists misinterpret the Bible, it is only right that you show us the correct interpretation.

You are simply evading answering the question.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I made no such claim about Creationists. Creationists, Jainists, Confucianists, and Buddhists are all entitled to their own interpretation of The Bible which I'm sure they all view as "correct".

Evolution and The Germ Theory of Disease are not related to The Bible in any way as far was I'm concerned.

15. JWI

JWI New Member

You brought up Germ Theory not me.

?????

And it was Paul of Eugene who said,

As for science, the majority of scientists believe in evolution. But there are many thousands of scientists who disagree and have made good scientific arguments against it.

But that is not what I object to. I object to evolutionists saying that creationists misinterpret the Bible.

If you want to argue that the Bible is a matter of private interpretation and can be interpreted as a person chooses, the Bible says this:

2Pe 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

2Pe 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost.

Now here is an example from Genesis Chapter 1 on creation:

Gen 1:20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl [that] may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

Gen 1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that [it was] good.

Gen 1:22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

Gen 1:23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

Gen 1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

Gen 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that [it was] good.

Gen 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Gen 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which [is] upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which [is] the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Gen 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein [there is] life, [I have given] every green herb for meat: and it was so.

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, [it was] very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Comments- These verses say that God created great whales and fowls on the 5th day of creation. It says that God created the land creatures on the 6th day.

This directly contradicts evolution. Evolution teaches that both whales and birds evolved from land creatures that came before them.

You say I am misinterpreting these verses?? Show me how and why. Show me how these verses support evolution.

How have I misinterpreted these verses??

I think it is a very dishonest tactic of evolutionists to claim that creationists misinterpret the creation account in Genesis, and then provide no proof whatsover for this claim.

16. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

The average Christian who lives like a practical atheist by not sharing his faith and discipling others. </font>[/QUOTE]Absolutely. I would add to that the average professing Christian who lives just like an unbeliever or worse and never shows love or compassion towards his fellow human beings especially those who are worse off than he is or are troubled or sick.

The world looks at these fake Christians and says "He's just like me. Why should I believe in his god?"

17. donnA

donnA Active Member

I think we can give a lot fo different answers, and I agree with the ones given, it is hard to choose only one. But I think that that one answer has to be satan. All the lies listed have their origin in satan. Evolution, false religions, are not the enemy, they are the lies of the enemy.

18. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

I think you will be hard pressed to come up with even 500, not many thousands. And if you list hundreds, your list will probably be questionable. Some scientists whose names have been on such lists have been surprised to see them there.

19. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Easy answer...a combination of not thinking of God and not closely studying the Scriptures nor world history.

20. LorrieAB

LorrieAB New Member

Thank you for your comments. I did not mean to spark a debate on evolution (personally, I'm surprised to see any evolutionalists here as I don't see how one can believe the Bible and in that theory, but that's just me I guess). Johnv, while I've heard of hyper-calvinists and other hyper-...'s, I've not heard of hyper-fundamentalist, could you please define that one for me. robycop3, that's part of my point, the Bible has been reduced to "just another book" by this casting of doubt to the point that I think many look on it that way so they don't even bother reading it and many that do view it as either some form of a history or story book to be sifted and sorted like any other book.