1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What is the Social Justice Movement and Why is it so Bad?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Steven Yeadon, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Basically its the concept that the Church must address the social injustices in society, its not the Gospel that we need to be saved out of our sins, but more that we must get restitution for past evils done of us,,,,
    Like for example slavery here in USA, would tend to see it as we must right all past wrongs committed against us, and not really the Gospel of Christ, but of social justice now!

2. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the Lord covered the false doctrine of Social Justice perfectly in his chat with Peter.

Matthew 18:21-22

21) Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
    22) Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Is not our unmerited mercy and eternal life with the Master, more than we could ever deserve?
    Why is that not sufficient for these "Christians"?

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    is not the cause of slavery due to sinners hearts, and so only real cure was to have a new heart, like a John Newton?