1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What is wrong with the church

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Judith, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Me and someone else was talking about this same thing last week while i was in Africa. It's as though male masculinity has been giving it's walking papers and it's been replaced by some cookie cutter, skinny jean wearing, weak shell of what men are supposed to be.

God intended for men to be WARRIORS! How did the church get filled with skinny jean wearing wimps?[​IMG]

2. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Fellowship among christians should be prized above felowship among natural kinship. If we are all born again there are certain things we all hold in common that the world knows nothing about. Respect and love for one another should be put in the fore front of all discussions. Just because a christian holds their tongue and minds their own business in a church don't mean their castrated. In the world of unbelievers the person that don't say much, most of the time is the most dangerous.

3. salzer mtn

Does the icon mean hell or does it mean head banging ?

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember a week ago I told some guy who walked in here & posted that he was babbling & I couldnt understand what he was talking about. Then he took offence & thru a hissie fit. :smilewinkgrin: There you go.

Now Pastor Durant offered the fella some good advice..... It was quite humorous but also very real. You want the guys in your church to like you, do "GUY" things with them. I tried to get a bunch of guys last year to join in on a game of basketball at an outside court & they all looked at me (including the pastor) like I uttered something insane. I even brought the ball! :laugh:

5. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

The biggest problem is spending so much time worrying about what our biggest "problem" is and chasing "solutions".

Instead of dealing with my own "problems" - THAT'S the solution.

6. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    ....and there it is. :flower:

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thing is...nobody really cares.

8. John I Morris

John I Morris Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    To many mama called and daddy sent preachers in pulpits. To worried about their golf game rather than the lost in their communities.

9. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gospel that leaves out repentance and Lordship. Jesus' gospel was repentance for the reign of God to be established (i.e. lordship in practice) and discipleship (yes he equated discipleship with the gospel). But more people care about numbers, simple conversions, and making the gospel easy rather than foolish.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with several of the responses on the first page. I think that there are several reasons for this. The main being we are in the falling away and it is growing at an alarming rate. I believe that It is being caused by allowing people to become pastors who are not saved and others to become deacons and elders who are not saved.
    Also I think it is because even within a church the leadersip is not all on the same page. One morning bible class will teach one thing and another something else about the same topic.

12. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

the falling away was in the time of the apostles and was talking about the Jews falling away and rejecting the Christ and truth--which brought on the Judgement of God--which destroyed the city and temple and killed 1+ million jews in the process--its recorded in history and is backed up by the scriptures

13. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I really feel sorry for some of you people. If your churches are as bad as you indicate, why in the world are you still there? Get up! Run, don't walk, run to the nearest exit. Go find a church that loves God, keeps the Great Commission, and practices the Great Commandment. Unless, of course, you are part of the problem and not part of the solution. :)

14. salzer mtn

The kingdom of heaven is like the ten virgins and they all slumbered and slept. Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that i will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord, Amos 8:11. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, 11 Thess 2:3.

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I think the OP was referencing the Church, Body of Christ, not individual churches.:flower:

16. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That this mindset is premiminent in Baptist thinking is the problem.

17. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

Aaron said it best and simply.

I would add that rather than shun worldliness and their values, we bring in worldliness to be popular.

18. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zoom! <:)-