1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What is your definition of foreknowledge and...

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Greektim, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

For anyone on the Board who does not understand what inadvertently means! [Ref: My Post # 105. Responding Post #112.]

in·ad·ver·tent adj \-tənt\

Definition of INADVERTENT

1: not focusing the mind on a matter : inattentive

2: unintentional <an inadvertent omission>
    — in·ad·ver·tent·ly adverb

See inadvertent defined for English-language learners »
    See inadvertent defined for kids »

Examples of INADVERTENT

<an inadvertent encounter with a rattlesnake in the brush>

Origin of INADVERTENT

back-formation from inadvertence
    First Known Use: 1653
    Related to INADVERTENT

Synonyms: casual, chance, fluky (also flukey), fortuitous, accidental, incidental, unintended, unintentional, unplanned, unpremeditated, unwitting

Antonyms: calculated, deliberate, intended, intentional, planned, premeditated, premeditative, prepense, set

Related Words: coincidental; freak, odd; aimless, arbitrary, desultory, haphazard, random; uncertain, unexpected, unforeseeable, unforeseen; coerced, forced, involuntary; unconscious, unprompted

Near Antonyms: certain, destined, expected, fixed, foreordained, foreseeable, foreseen, inevitable, predestined, predetermined, predictable, preordained, prescribed, sure; conscious, freewill, knowing, unforced, voluntary, volunteer, willful (or wilful) ​

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/inadvertently

There now!:mad: Everyone can be happy!:eek::):D

2. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

“It has already been proved beyond all controversy that free-will is nonsense. Freedom cannot belong to will any more than ponderability can belong to electricity. They are altogether different things. Free agency we may believe in, but free-will is simply ridiculous. The will is well known by all to be directed by the understanding, to be moved by motives, to be guided by other parts of the soul, and to be a secondary thing. Philosophy and religion both discard at once the very thought of free-will;…”

C.H. Spurgeon

Matthew 7:21
    [ True and False Disciples ] “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 26:39
    Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”

Romans 7:
    21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law ; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

The part of me who delights in the word of God and it isn't in my carnal mind and wicked will, it is in the will of my Father in heaven that has been revealed through His word. If i can't understand something i trust in Jesus, He will open my eyes to my inner being.

3. humblethinker

humblethinker Active Member

To interpret our conversations' use of term of 'free will' as such then you are taking us out of context as well as Spurgeon. You will obviously not understand what we are talking about. What do you think we mean when we use the term 'free will'? This is just rediculous, how can anyone talk with someone else if they so abuse their neighbors intent? Is this your intent or does this misunderstanding just come natural to you?

4. psalms109:31

There is nothing good in me that is in my flesh. My main goal is it isn't the carnal mind preventing us to understand cause even the so called elect still live in it. That is why we trust in the word of God over our own understand. You ask me what direct me so I thought you was asking me. If I can't trust my mind I simple said it isn't my carnal mind nor my will but my inner most being who delights in His word. We. living in this carnal mind isn't an excuse not to believe.If they believe their carnal mind can't understand the deep things of God then they shouldn't trust in it. I hate men giving men an excuse they can't believe because of their carnal mind. It isn't one but what it is saying to me is don't trust in it. Come to Christ as you are

#124 psalms109:31, Jun 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2012
  5. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    (A) 1 Cor 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

For us to have received the Spirit which is of God it was imperative for something to happen. What took place that allowed us to receive the Holy Spirit of promise?

The only difference between the natural man and the spiritual man is, the spiritual man has been given the Holy Spirit of God and the natural man is as he was when begotten by his father within his mother and was brought forth from her, that is born.

(B) Matthew 18:2,3 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Those two verses say the very exact same thing as the following.
    John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and [of] the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

And Jesus called a little child unto him / Except a man be born of water
    Except ye be converted / and the Spirit

ye / he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
    John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

When is this? 2 Timothy 4:1 I charge [thee] therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Matthew 19:28 1st part And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me in the regeneration, when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory.
    The quick and the dead, the regeneration = Luke 20:34-36 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world (Age) marry, and are given in marriage: But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, (Kingdom Age) and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Conversion, change, born again.

By the word of God we have been begotten by the seed (Holy Spirit) of God that will bring forth our birth into the kingdom of God at the appearing of Jesus Christ. The Spirit of adoption.

Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. V19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

#125 percho, Jun 4, 2012
  6. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with you psalms109:31. The following is what we are to do awaiting what takes place in my post 125.

Ecc. 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this [is] the whole [duty] of man.

The whole of man?

To add: I do wish I would but do that, yet I don't.

7. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

There is little or no reason to respond to studied confusion like this:

The reason why is that....despite how many words are used...it boils down to:
    "I speak the very words of God himself, and can therefore, not be argued with". Walk away......Walk slowly away.....and let him/her post as they will without response. :smilewinkgrin:
    One can hurl innumerable Scriptures as proof-texts......and one can use them as so many razor-blades in order to lacerate the ideas of others...this is the latter type.

#127 HeirofSalvation, Jun 4, 2012
  8. psalms109:31

Thank you for actually seeing who's post I was referring to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.