1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What it's like to be a Duke fan.

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by jstrickland1989, Dec 18, 2005.

1. jstrickland1989

jstrickland1989 New Member

5 things that are good (or could be bad) when you're a Duke fan.

1.You don't get excited anymore over the LONG 3's because you see them every night from J.J
    2.You don't get excited about the great noise level at Cameron because it's at every game they play.
    3. You don't get excited anymore over the HUGE dunks that Williams pours on his opponents.
    4. You don't get excited when you hear about great coaches because you know you have the greatest.
    5. You don't get excited when they win because it's a normal thing, but you get excited when it's close, because thats a SHOCKER!!!

Another great game for da Dukies.

Duke 104 Valpo 77

2. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

How about these four????

1. Football
    2. Tuition
    3. Baseball
    4. Softball

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Most fans of Duke...are only fans during basketball season because the rest of their sports are terrible [​IMG]

4. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Very true pastorSBC. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. You don't get excited when you hear about great coaches because you know you have the greatest.

That's pretty subjective. UK's Tubby Smith is a great coach, at the winningest basketball school, I might add.

5. PastorSBC1303

I am not a Duke fan.

However, let's not get crazy here by putting Tubby Smith in the same category with Coack K from Duke. Tubby Smith is a decent/good coach that is at a great basketball school. Coack K is a great coach that made Duke into a great basketball school. Big difference.

6. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Your're right. I didn't say Tubby was the greatest. I said he was great.

7. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Depends on where you are from I guess...

... I grew up in NC. Everyone is either a Carolina fan or an ABC fan (anybody but Carolina). I am a Duke fan almost by default... I despise UNC. I'd rather see NC State on top but that's another story.

8. PastorSBC1303

Tubby isnt a "great" coach either. He is a good coach at a great basketball school.

To be a great coach you have to be in the class of John Wooden, Dean Smith, Bobby Knight, Coach K, etc.

9. PastorSBC1303

Ok let's see... you are in Missouri...but you are a Tenn fan and an ABC fan which makes you a Duke fan...ok just trying to keep score [​IMG]

10. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I grew up in a small western NC town about 12 miles from Tennessee. Knoxville was about 200 miles closer than Chapel Hill.

I pretty much pulled against UNC which meant that I couldn't have just "one" favorite team since in the Dean Smith era... no one consistently beat Carolina.

Heath Shuler grew up in the same town and alot of us developed loyalties to UT because when he played QB over there.

We've lived in Missouri for 4 years now because of a career move. We like the state but there's nothing in the college athletics to get worked up over.

11. PastorSBC1303

I can relate to this...we have lived here for 6 years and I have been very disappointed in Missouri basketball and football.

12. jstrickland1989

jstrickland1989 New Member

Yeah, Missouri I thought would eventually get over the hump, but the just can't seem to do it. I think Quin Snyder is a good guy, but I just don't see him coaching this team much longer.

James

13. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are under breath accusations that Snyder isn't a good guy. Unfortunately, Pinkell probably won't get a chance to continue developing the program. I would be surprised if he isn't replaced soon.