1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What or who is predestinated?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Dale-c, Jun 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Bob may think this is funny, I do not!!

I can tell you this...i'm not laughing for I do not know this man. He has shown in the past to get out of control. He used hate words, not on this thread, but on others. He attacks my person endlessly. One can see silly words used toward me in this thread. Yet the words deleted by the admins on other threads have been greater with much more hate. I want all to know, because of his past actions, I do take this post serious, and harmful threat on my life and safety of my family.

After speaking with my wife and with her sharing her fears, it is for this reason, I will no longer post on this board. Its been fun..but not worth my life. I will glady stand for Christ and die. Yet there is no need to cast His pearls where there is no understanding.

Please remove all personal information from my ID. I must make sure of my family's safety.

In Christ...James

#421 Jarthur001, Jul 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2006
  2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

James, I saw no attack on your life whatsoever, quit being so stinkin paranoid and silly. I think you are leaving because you have backed yourself up into a corner in your beliefs, and you don't know how to get out. So what do you do? You accuse a brother in Christ of being a neurotic serial killer. After this uncalled for attack...the worst from you yet, it's probably better that you do leave.

I thought you hold to the sovereignty of God? Don't you think He's in control?

BTW, if you want all personal info removed...why did you sign off "James"?

3. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Aren't you the same guy who is always talking about the lack of God's love in other people's posts?

Honestly, I think you are a major league hypocrite and one of the worst offenders on this board.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That comment was said in jest, and you know it.

5. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

You still don't understand the doctrine of sovereignty, or else you're just goading him. It's a little wierd to debate theology over this personal issue, but here goes anyway - we calvinists believe that God uses MEANS to accomplish His will through His sovereign forknowledge. In other words, it could be that God has chosen to preserve James and his family from harm by the MEANS of the threatening words he's received and responded accordingly to.

You've mistaken calvinism for mean-less determinism. It's been said that Muslims believe in mean-less determinism. Therefore, the following illustration is offered to differentiate the views:

A muslim and a calvinist are hanging out by the fishing docks. A man falls off one of the boats and is beginning to drown. The calvinist says to the muslim "Throw him that rope you have". The muslim says "Why? If God wants him to survive, he'll start floating". The calvinist then says "Give me the rope, and I'll throw it to him. If God wants him to live, then he'll live because God gave me the desire, and a rope, to helped him get out of the water."

Do you see the difference?

Besides, that's a pretty crass thing to say. I don't blame James for taking the comments seriously. "stinking paranoid and silly" is not very sympathetic, is it?

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I was just goading him, but thanks for the theology lesson ;)
    Nothing to be sympathetic about. He accused an elderly PASTOR of being a lunatic serial killer. I think THAT's a crass thing to imply!

#426 webdog, Jul 12, 2006
  7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

It was a joke and I wouldn't hurt any person or animal. Sometimes we just don't know who we are dealing with, it may be someone who is paranoid or who knows, so I guess I should not of said it and I apologize for it. I don't even know you or where you live and believe me I don't want to. I think you are childish. When someone says we can hear ticking it may makes us think of a bomb but I tried to make a joke and it failed. Sorry again and please tell your wife if she knows that I am sorry and did not mean any harm but was only joking. What I said would fit me also, not just you. What I don't understand is you did post again to me after I made the comment and all those things you say about me losing it and showing hate and all I would like to know where, or are they just idle slurs?

#427 Brother Bob, Jul 12, 2006
  8. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Bob, I know you didn't really mean you wanted James dead...and after readin it over...I am not sure exactly WHAT you meant, but I don't think of you as a murderer.

But, as many stories as we hear about people stalking people on the internet, posing as poeple they really aren't....I can see why a person would get concerned.

Honest mistake, now back to the topic please

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Thanks, was a surprise to me.

10. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Well, in a medium like this, sometimes it is hard to know what a person means.
    Many times I have been accused of being mean or arrogant but I sure didn't ever mean to come across that way.
    It is just the nature of things when you don't have any way to show emotion with your voice...things get misunderstood.

But that should be a warning to all of us about joking in a serious debate.

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I think it is silly!

12. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

NO shortage of sillyness on here, that is for sure!

Anyway, I don't think you and I are getting anywhere in this debate.

We see things completely different, we both claim to believe that we believe the Bible exactly as stated but then one of us is wrong on this issue.

13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I haven't debated you for some time. I don't know what you are talking about. I do wonder though being that you brought it up again. Have you ever in your entire life let someone else have the last say. I bet when you were a little kid your backside hated your mouth when your mommy got through busting it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.