1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What R you doing to protect from COVID-19, etc????

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Oct 7, 2020.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With this COVID thingy maintaining its news worthy LEGS, I can't let this moment pass without asking my brothers and sisters on the board: "What are you doing to protect yourself from the 'Virus of the day?' And are you in anyway the slightest bit fearful of catching COVID-19?

Finally...I have to ask if any of you think this virus taking out the White House team is some form of secret attempt by the left to sicken the opposition right before the elections in an attempt to slow down their ability to campaign?

2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’ve had it. Quarantined in my own home, no one else in the house got it.

I still wear a mask when I go out, just to err on side of caution.

The idea of a secret plot to infect White Ho:se is utter nonsense.

peace to you

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know, I would have readily agreed with you 20 years ago, but today - - - - - -?????

edited to add:
    To answer the OP, I wear a mask if I go into a business that requires one, & don't crowd a person while talking (I DO NOT measure 6ft) to them.
    As someone like me once said re: staying home, avoiding social situations etc., "I've been training for this all my life.")
    So really, other than the mask deal, there has been very little change in my daily routine!!

#3 just-want-peace, Oct 8, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now that’s funny, no matter where you are from.

Thanks for the laugh

peace to you

• Like Like x 2
  6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wear a mask when it is required by a business. Looking forward to being able to get the vaccine. Since I am retired I don't have to get out very often.

7. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ZACTLY!!!

...lol...ZACTLY!!!

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My wife had to get a COVID test. Since she had to I had to also.

Fake news is the test is awful or hurts. Although I would not stick a qtip up my nose for the fun of it, it was not even that uncomfortable.

Test was negative for us both.

I avoid crowds, and I wear a mask when close to others (pretty much have to these days). I also stopped chewing gum I find under tables.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It really depends upon the person administering the test.
    I’ve had a couple of tests this year, since I’ve been in and out of the hospital for surgery, procedures and therapy.

The first time I was tested was quite traumatic.
    It felt like the nasal swab hit the back of my skull and gathered some brain tissue along the way. It literally brought tears to my eyes!

I was more worried about getting the second test than I was about the surgery to follow.

Thankfully each the following tests have been uneventful.

Rob

10. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not concerned in that, if I get it or not, if I die or not is in God's hands. The same is true of everyone. That said, obey the authorities and think of others concerns more than my own, so I wear a mask, social distance, and follow CDC guidelines.

Please RighteousDude, conspiracy theories are dangerous, I know unbelievers lost in them, and it makes witnessing far harder.

11. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, glad to hear the tests were negative and the experience wasn't uncomfortable.

Second, the nurse I had shoved that horse swab....errrr.. I mean q-tip.....so far up my nose I thought she would push through my brain and hit the back of my skull.

I had pain on one side, not in my nose but deeper inside under my left eye, for about 5 days, long after I had no symptoms from the Covid.

Peace to you

edit to add: looks like Deacon and I had the same nurse, or at least they went through the same training.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks.

I think what helped me is the week before I had an ENT scope where unbeknownst to me they shoved a big camera hose up my noise and took a picture of my voice box.

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Medically unable to wear a mask - I use a face covering - Most places dont have a problem.
    I simply hold the covering over my pie hole and sneezer. I take it down if no one is around.
    I did apply for a mail in vote - as I would need both hands to do the ballot. This way, no one else
    has to worry. AT church, we are very small - so we have plenty of distance between us. Actually
    only one person normally wears a mask - but when she does - it only covers her mouth. At the Bank
    I normally use drive thur - unless it is necessary for me to go in. Do go to restaurants - sit down - no
    covering needed.

14. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like a nasal roto-rooter. Hope the scope gave good results

peace to you

15. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not afraid of it. It's not bad for most people who get it. The odds of dying from Covid-19 are extremely low. Am I doing anything differently? Not really. Only different things I am doing is the things businesses and government are forcing me to do against my will.

16. Reformed1689

Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ugh, I have had that done as well. NOT FUN.

• Like Like x 1
  17. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once I discovered that my county led the nation in “naturist” communities, I just started greasing myself down like a channel swimmer and going around naked. I don’t seem to have any problem with people maintaining a 6 foot social distance ... they typically stand a LOT further away than that. Of course I personally wear a speedo when going out in public (the Bible says we should be modest, so I want to set a good example).

On the plus side, since I started answering the door ‘au natural’, those JW have completely stopped visiting. :D :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and for the most part - when a business requires some action - it is because the govt is making them do it.
    Lets face it - a business wants to make money. Went to a restaurant - the other day - some tables missing, some taped off - the restaurant is loosing potential money. You know when Dictator (aka Governor) Cuomo allows restaurant to no longer go by those rules - you know they will put out more tables - and with winter coming up - those outside table will have no one sitting there.

• Agree Agree x 1