1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What should we eat (the original diet)?

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness' started by Hobie, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those things are so bad for you. The process they have to go through destroys any value they had.

2. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Oh Yes, that's the problem...

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh of course. There is no problem with regular meat. And veganism is not healthy.

6. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It takes time, but basically the better you eat the healthier for your body. So much like a car, the body needs to be taken care of, and maintained, especially as you get old.

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I live under the NC, and so like to enjoy a nice pork chop once in a while!

8. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's what bugs me about those promoting vegetarianism, is their twisting of the facts to attack eating meat. Again, I have no doubt that increasing veggies would improve most people's diets but the claims against meats simply ignore the facts. The movement is being championed by animal rights activists and is often being adopted by people who buy into their claims without looking at the evidence more objectively.

For instance, "recent claims that vegetarian diets bring diabetes under control". I have long known that simply cutting some fats, sugars, ...calories and losing weight along with exercise has reversed diabetes. I know several people and heard of many more that have reversed diabetes on a diet that includes meat and exercise. Yet, the vegans try to make it sound as if meat is the problem rather than the truth that improving the diet and losing weight is the solution. In fact, I would put exercise before a strictly vegan diet as more beneficial. .

9. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well, here is something surprising I came across, a way to fight the coronavirus....
    "Eat healthy foods

What you eat and drink can make a huge difference in your overall health, according to registered dietitian nutritionist and cookbook author Maya Feller.

The first tip: drink lots and lots of water.

"Hydration is terribly important," Feller told Inside Edition. "For women, you want to drink two liters a day and for men, you want to have three liters."

Feller also said that certain foods can boost your immune system.

"You want to look for foods in their whole and minimally process formed," she said. "Berries are rich in antioxidants. Strawberries are a great source of Vitamin A and the darker berries have resveratrol, which is really important for immune health."

Other good foods are those rich in protein or fiber, including almonds, eggs and leafy greens."...
    What Is 'Social Distancing'? And Other Steps to Prevent Coronavirus