1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What they stand for

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by freeatlast, Jan 26, 2008.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I find it amazing that groups like the FRC believe things like "Protecting Marriage", opposing gay marriage, and promoting the failed "abstinence only education" are the biggest fish we have to fry. We have invaded and taken over Iraq, have ballooning deficits, in a recession, have a major financial meltdown in the mortgage industry, and the FRC focuses on how the government should strengthen marriage. I don't want the government in my marriage. That is not the role of government. These folks are obsessed with what other people do in their own bedrooms. Sick.

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

What amazes me is why people falsely state things to promote their agenda.
    The FRC DOES NOT believe things like "Protecting Marriage", opposing gay marriage, and promoting the failed "abstinence only education" are the biggest fish we have to fry. They simply are part of what they believe.

Second we have not taken over Iraq. We have invaded the country but we are in the process of returning it to its people too govern themselves.

Next we ARE NOT in a recession. Yes we are experiencing some economic troubles. The housing market is one of them, however that is because greedy and unwise people took out types loans on houses that they could not afford.

What is sick is when anyone seeks too oppose righteousness. God calls for standards and anyone who opposes those standards (laws) stands against God. The moral issues that the FRC stands for issues that stand with God. They also speak about the issues of the economy and our military around the world. The fact is that they stand for standing with God contrary to some.

#3 freeatlast, Jan 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2008
  4. Magnetic Poles

I don't buy that at all. Otherwise, why is that always so prominent in their agenda? Do you really want the federal government getting into your marriage?

Really? :laugh:

Really? :laugh:

IMO the FRC, AFA, & FotF, and other groups are just sex obsessed and worried about what other people might be doing that that they secretly want to do too. Ted Haggard is a prime example. They protest too much!

#4 Magnetic Poles, Jan 26, 2008
  5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Laws against homosexual marriage would not be getting into MY marriage. I am old enough too remember when people were put in prison for homosexual conduct. I would vote for it to return. I also have no problem with the biblical penality for homosexuality.
    Thos who stand against laws that agree with God are standing against God.

6. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Many studies have shown that abstinence programs are effective. For instance;

An article by Dr. Michael Resnick in the Journal of the American Medical Association, "Protecting Adolescents From Harm: Findings from the National Longitudinal Study on Adolescent Health" shows that abstinence pledge programs are very effective in reducing sexual activity among teenagers.

Source - "Protecting Adolescents from Harm: Findings from the National Longitudinal Study on Adolescent Health," Journal of the American Medical Association, Vol. 278

"Not Me, Not Now" program in Monroe County, New York
    , - The sexual activity rate of 15-year-olds across the county dropped by a statistically significant amount from 46.6 percent to 31.6 percent during the intervention period.
    Source - L. Kahn et al., "Youth Risk Behavior Survey--United States" Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports, Vol. 47

‘Operation Keepsake’, an abstinence program for 12- and 13-year-olds in Cleveland, Ohio. An evaluation of the program in 2001 found that "Operation Keepsake reduced the rate of onset of sexual activity by two-thirds relative to comparable students in control schools who did not participate in the program.
    Source - Elaine Borawski et al., Evaluation of the Teen Pregnancy Prevention Programs, Center for Health Promotion Research, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Case Western Reserve University, School of Medicine, March 23, 2001.

"Abstinence by Choice", 20 schools in the Little Rock area. targeting 7th, 8th, and 9th grade students. An evaluation showed that the program reduced the sexual activity rates of girls by approximately 40 percent and the rate for boys by approximately 30 percent.
    Source - Stan E. Weed, Title V Abstinence Education Programs: Phase I Interim Evaluation Report to Arkansas Department of Health, Institute for Research and Evaluation, October 15, 2001.

"Teen Aid and Sex Respect" An evaluation in three school districts in Utah showed that these programs were effective among the students who were at the greatest risk of initiating sexual activity. The programs together were shown to reduce the rate of initiation of sexual activity among at-risk high school students by over 1/3.
    Source - Stan Weed, A Comparison of Three Title XX Programs, report submitted to the Office of Adolescent Pregnancy Programs, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, December 1992.

And many others.
    You prefer the Condoms-Only approach?

As for the Iraq issue, What, you think it is not receiving enough attention? About a gazillion news stories, Congressional resolutions, OP-ED pieces is not sufficient? The FRC is an organization that focuses on family issues. That's what they do.

7. Magnetic Poles

SO you would imprison and execute homosexuals. Thanks for letting us know that about you. Rather than free, you are imprisoned by your hatred and fear. This, my friends, is why theocracy is dangerous to the freedom of humanity.

#7 Magnetic Poles, Jan 26, 2008
  8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Some people just feel they deserve freedom and the guy that disagrees with them should lose his or have it restricted to please them. Sort of unamerican isn't it?

#8 poncho, Jan 26, 2008
  9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Actuall this is God's commands. I understand your desire not to seek His ways but for a Christian we desire His ways.

10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Yes IT IS un-American, but I am not an American. I am a Christian who was born in America and lives in America. My first desire is to understand the Lord's ways and hold to His values. People who are not Christians, but hold to being Americans, do not have that desire.

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

When did God command that we as Christains should imprison and execute homosexuals?

Christ commanded that we love God with all our hearts and our neighbors as ourselves. Imprisoning and executing our nieghbors because they are homosexuals or think or live differently from us doesn't seem very neighborly to me. This sounds more like the "if you fear something kill it" mentality making the commands not God.

When did God give us the spirit of fear btw?

#11 poncho, Jan 26, 2008
  12. scripturesearcher

scripturesearcher New Member

No, it is not God's command. The Old Testament theocracy was established by judges and priests who were given signs and wonders from God. The Ark of the Covenant does not reside in Washington, D.C.

13. scripturesearcher

scripturesearcher New Member

Do you believe America is the Great Satan?