1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What time did the sinners prayer come from?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jun 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, my agenda as a moderator is to edit or delete insults, personal attacks, and false unsubstantiated accusations. As long as I am a moderator I will continue this agenda. And yes, that means when you lie about another menber, when you insult them, and when you attack them personally on this forum I will continue to report so there is a copy or remove from public view your post. This is a Christian forum and you need to conduct yourself appropriately.

You forget that there are copies of your original posts, Icon. The puppy pact pretends that I snuck around changing things, but any moderator can easily see those "deleted" posts. Perhaps you should keep that in mind before you "play to the masses".

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

That's only part of the true story concerning these edited and deleted posts. No one in the 'puppy pact' is pretending. We actually KNOW. :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I report posts that I edit from some people (all of the puppy pack) before I edit them so that there is an original copy for the the mods and admins. Reports can't be edited (as far as I know). From what I've been told administrators (not moderators) can see when posts are edited. When I delete posts, I only "remove from public view". They can be viewed by all admins and mods, and undeleted with the push of a button (well, with checking the box and choosing "undelete" from the menu). But nice try.

The problem is that the puppy pack tends to make assumptions and then run with those assumptions as if they were true. That's what happened with Icon. I typed something not directed at him, then clarified, but he didn't believe me. It was truly not directed at him - it was actually directed at you, but who's counting;) . That's not my problem. He's the one who ran with the assumption, and ultimately he is the one who has continued to spread false accusations.

How's this for the puppy pack's agenda:

"we were able to come together and put an end to DHK's rants, lies, name calling. Mission accomplished, took a few to stand together and complain, now he's pretty much censored. Even though another has stepped up to the plate to carry his baton, for the most part it has quieted down a lot over there."

or this

"I have signed off from the BB, at least for the time being. I've been thinking that maybe I was doing some good there and making some sort of stand for proper theology, but if I try to explain things to Van again I think I shall go crazy! He's not there to listen, just to spread his whacky views. And the Roman Catholic guys are just as bad.........It's just a mess."

If you don't like it here then leave. But if you stay then police your own actions or don't whine when someone else polices them for you. It's that simple. This is a Christian board.

Look at the accusations that this group has already spread. You said that it was your actions that silenced DHK, but the puppy pack also talked about him worshiping Satan on their other board. Preacher4Truth and Convicted1 talked about an agenda to take down moderators on this board. You told me that you took down a moderator and that I needed to let you basically insult those against your agenda or share the same fate...whatever that was supposed to mean. (I "reported" that entire PM as we went along...guess I didn't trust you).

4. Internet Theologian

As for instance one of my posts in this thread was edited as being insulting, attacking. Neither of these accusations are even remotely true.[snipped] Then his disciples come in to give him the thumbs up. :)

#104 Internet Theologian, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2016
  5. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

You're seriously throwing that accusation at him? :Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, that would be post #72. You were calling people trolls and I reported it so that there is an original copy of that post and edited it. Then you repeated the post and I removed it from public view (the mods and administrators can see it). So all the information is there.

I will also edit the insults out of the post to which I am replying. And if you decide to insult other people, I will do my best to be there and edit those as well. And if you decide to dedicate the majority of a post to false accusations, insults, and/or attacks then I will remove that post from public view.

Get used to it or get rid of me. Best of luck either way.

7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey...are you calling me the kettle or the pot ??? :Laugh

Funny thing is, my soteriological views are closer to the puppies. I just find their conduct and character lacking. Unfortunately their conduct has become a bit of a running joke against Calvinism, but for the record, they do not represent that camp as a whole (not their conduct, anyway). They are Elliot's hollow men (they are the strawmen of whom anti-cal's speak..."form without substance"....get it.. :Biggrin ).

#107 JonC, Jun 20, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Internet Theologian

And then a pretense of a 'snip' that wasn't needed to top off the track record of fake editing to make it appear to be something it is not. :)

BTW, and FTR the snipped part was about such behavior being callow. And it is, it's juvenile behavior. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Internet Theologian

More juvenile behavior above as well, insults, aspersions, remarks meant to be inflammatory and divisive...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agaiin, I believe it was inappropriate and unchristian (referring to ones actions as callow). The post is there for the admins. Take it up with them. They can insert those snipped comments.

11. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, that was actually what is known as "astute observation". :Roflmao:Laugh:Roflmao

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks....I couldn't remember for a moment, but that was the tract I was trying to recall.

13. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    *Woof*

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Question: Is there a Site Policy that addresses sanctions of people who chronically post comments that need Mod/Admin editing?

15. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you provide a quote of any free Grace theologian claiming that by simply saying a prayer that anyone is guaranteed anything? And that no matter what, as long as you said the prayer?

Maybe you've never read or even heard of the booklet by Dennis Rokser of Duluth Bible Church?

The one titled "7 reasons not to ask Jesus into your heart"

Or is this another example of your baseless accusations?

16. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So is calling people puppies aka dogs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Internet Theologian

You show an inept ignorance of GES FGT. This has nothing to do with 'asking Jesus into one's heart' or what Dennis Rokser said or wrote. But, then again, you're ignorant of the official GES stance on FGT. :)

18. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If one belongs to the "Dog House Forum" one should not be so much concerned about it.

19. Internet Theologian

Really? It is inappropriate to respond to your posts where you cast aspersions, taunt, belittle &c and call that behavior its given name of callow? It is not unChristian to call your actions juvenile. TC has done so in the past. Others have as well and they're correct. I don't need a BB badge to do the same.

Perhaps you should read some Proverbs. They do the same thing about this (YOUR) behavior. I wouldn't call that book 'unchristian' but your behavior here is certainly that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I bet I know what/who the next thread at the Dog House site will be about. *laugh*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.