1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What to believe

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by abcgrad94, May 8, 2013.

1. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

And being either controlled or empowered depends on Poncho's approval.

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Right but it's pretty easy to tell who not to trust. If they go on the attack, try to distract or attempt to smear they probably can't be trusted. They aren't trying to empower anyone they're trying to control everyone. And the reason is pretty simple.

People who like to control others hate the idea of anyone having free and independent thought as God intended us to have. If you ask a question that isn't "approved" by those controlling them they'll go into attack, distract and smear mode. They want you under the control of their controllers.

I talk about the false left vs right paradigm. What is it if it isn't just another system of control? It keeps us divided because it keeps us focused only on our differences. It's a huge distraction that eats up our time and energy engaging the "other side". Time and energy we could be using to work together instead of bickering amongst ourselves. It's a terrible influence on us as another poster in this thread has pointed out because it entangles us in worldly affairs and teaches us to hate and fear others because they are "different".

There's no empowerment to be found there, only division, control and strife. Why should we trust anyone that tries to push a false paradigm on us?

#22 poncho, May 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2013
  3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

If one thinks about it, where is it Poncho would be in the perfect world, without privately owned banks, corporations, insurance companies, and foreign connections? Take your pick: The Soviet Union, Red China, North Korea, Iran, Cuba, Burma, Sudan, and Chile. My offer stands to buy you a one way ticket with the stipulations I attached.

Yes, we in the United States have our problems, as all institutions are run by flawed humans, who are by nature greedy. No one is perfect, and we can do better. However, it seems funny to me that his dead carcass sits in the United States, unwilling to do anything that takes any effort. He will not act, will not move. All he knows how to do is sit in front of a keyboard and monitor and type out gripes.

You have had 24 years to do something, anything to make a difference since the last time we had a decent President. What did you do in 1988 when liberal Bush ran against more liberal Dukakis? I will tell you what you did. Nothing. What about the 1992 and 1996 election when the nation had the best chance of electing a third party in over 100 years? What about 2000 and 2004 when Bush the Second ran against Gore and Kerry? Again, nothing. And we all know for a fact, that in the 2008 and 2012, The two elections where the most liberal candidates in our history ran against each other, what did you do? Sit and gripe on BB. Some of us were attending third party conventions at our own expense to make a difference.

What were you doing when others were risking their lives in Vietnam, Panama, Grenada, Lebanon, Croatia, Sudan, Iraq, Afghanastan, and the many other conflicts we have had? Same thing you were doing during the elections.

So, dress up in your patriot uniform, march in the parade, and sing "God Bless America." No doubt it will make a difference. You make me sick.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

#24 poncho, May 11, 2013
  5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yep. Telling people the truth. What were you doing?

#25 poncho, May 11, 2013
  6. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thought you might like this:

[​IMG]

7. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

Agree. I watch CNN, NBC, CBS and Fox. I Want to hear all sides and them make my mind up as to what is near the truth. LImbaugh, Hannity, Anderson Morgan ect are only opiion givers. Remember its like a divorce case there are always three sides, His, Hers and the real side.

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent advice

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Actually there's four sides.