1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What would you eat?? Scenerio inside...

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by annsni, Sep 29, 2008.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You're home alone. You don't need to worry about health issues (too much fat, medication, salt, etc.). You can get ANYTHING you want - either cooked yourself or take-out. What do you get?????

2. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right now some chicken parmesan on linguine pasta loaded with excellent sauce sounds good. But since it can be anything I would have it with only chicken tenderloins (you know the little long round part under the breast) about 6-8 of those mixed in and some good cheese on top.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Fish and chips (not the sorry, cheap, American imitation). The real stuff. Smoked cod for the fish. All of it wrapped in paper, put in a bag, covered in salt, and soaked in malt vinegar!!!

4. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

1) Cream of Broccoli soup
    2) LARGE prime rib steak, medium rare, with au jus (sp?)
    3) Baked potato slathered with real butter
    4) Shredded lettuce salad with cheese, fresh mushrooms, Ranch Dressing
    5) Pickled beets
    6) Seafood salad with real crab meat
    7) Hot buttered rolls
    8) Warm apple cobbler topped with cold ice cream
    9) Large glass of ice-cold milk

In other words, I would go to my favorite steak house, Bonanza, and pig out!!!

Or I might put my fuzzy jammies on and have them deliver it all to me and I could prop my feet up and enjoy my meal in comfortable splendor while watching a favorite movie...

(Then starve myself for the next 3 days!)

5. I Am Blessed 24

What.....no spicy pork rinds??? ;)

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Something sweet...

I am off sweets cuz I am border line but I am a junk food junkie by trade.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

That would be the snack watching sports on the telly :). Now you have to go and rub it in :laugh:

Actually, I can't believe I would really eat fish and chips at 6.30 in the morning :)

8. I Am Blessed 24

Hubby and I are border line too, but we did not give up sweets. I just make recipes from scratch and use Splenda instead of sugar. I make sugar-free pies, cobblers, cakes, cookies, etc.

Hubby has a terrible sweet tooth and he couldn't survive without something sweet every day!!!

9. I Am Blessed 24

Sorry, Roger. I'll have to see what I can do about that. :)

10. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

A large helping of Shoo-Fly Pie, followed by a large helping of Funny Cake! :thumbs: (Both of these would be complemented by a tall glass of cold milk.)

For those of you who have no clue about what either of those two items are, I'll be sure to put you on my prayer list!!

(Then I'll direct you to an on-line mail order Amish bakery.)

11. I Am Blessed 24

I've made Shoo-Fly Pie and it was about as interesting as eating cardboard. :laugh:

Now Peanut Butter Pie or Sweet Potato Pie is another story. :thumbs:

12. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Please pray -- have no clue.

13. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

....And what, pray tell, is NOT interesting about eating cardboard?? It's gotta be high in fiber. I mean you can see them fibers lookin' back at you! :laugh:

Could it be that some of those sneaky Amish chefs purposely left out an ingredient or two, or maybe failed to mention a particularly important step in the process of making said Shoo-Fly Pie? Hmmm.

At least I didn't mention the "Amish mystery food" -- Scrapple. My late butcher father (who was partners with a man with deep Pennsyvania Dutch roots) never wanted us young'uns around when he prepared Scrapple.

Any food that starts with the word SCRAP in it ought to make one immediately stop and ponder the long-term consequences before one attempts to ingest said item of food.

14. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Heavenly Father,

I humbly beseech You that You will find it in Your heart to enable Friend of Spurgeon's computer to visit such websites as:

http://www.landismarket.com

Thank You for already sending the answer to this prayer on behalf of this, my disadvantaged brother.

Amen.

15. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You didn't mention if $$ was an issue. If $$ is not an issue, take out from Joe's Stone Crabs --- Shrimp Cocktail, Jumbo Stone Crabs and Sides of Fried Sweet Potatoes, Spinach, and Hash Browns with Key Lime Pie for Dessert. Joe's opens for its 96th season in only two weeks. If you are ever in Miami, you need to stop by this place.

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Well, I went ahead and got them. We took a filed trip the the historic Kilmainham Gaol and stopped on the way home for real fish and chips.

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Sorry! I'm trying to make it where there are no obstacles so money is also not an object. :)

18. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Large The Works pizza from Papa John's, except I get it without black olives and with extra cheese.

19. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

Sue, I had always wanted to try shoo-fly pie and we have a pretty well known Mennonite restaurant about half an hour from us. When we went there a couple months back I hardly ate any carbs during dinner and had a scrumptious slice of the pie. I thought it was truly wonderful and one of the most delicious things I had ever tasted (we all have different tastes, right?) but I found out later after post meal testing at home that it is like a dessert plate of death for a pre-diabetic. When I opened my pantry and looked at the carbs/TBSP listing on my bottle of molasses I found out why! I hope I have a Mennonite restaurant near my mansion in Heaven because I probably won't eat it again on this side of eternity!! :laugh:

20. donnA

donnA Active Member

Hot wings,, or fried livers from KFC and lots of hot sauce. If I could eat any of it.