1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What's for Dinner?

Discussion in 'Women's Fellowship Forum' started by Friend of God, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BLTs and Tomato Soup

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

LOVE BLTs and tomato soup!

We are in the boat and we found that the thin cut pork cutlets had thawed so I will coat them with pinko crumbs and fry them up, then serve them with an herbed cream sauce, buttered noodles and green beans. For dessert, we have blueberry pie with whipped cream. No canned beef stew on OUR boat!

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

4. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Spaghetti and Meatballs, Italian Bread, Salad, and Hot Fudge Sundaes for dessert.

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

A delicious salad, baked potatoes with the works, bbq'd pecan smoked beef sausage, and raspberry chocolate cake with the thickest layering of the best ganache you ever did see or taste.
    I'm about to pass out just thinking of dinner tonight! It's definitely going to be early, already have stuff set up. Oh yeah. Yep. Mhm.
    When WILL everyone be here and ready to eat?!

6. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope you and your family enjoyed that great dinner, Gina. It sounds fantastic.

Tonight is breakfast for dinner: Pancakes, Eggs, Bacon & Sausage, and Sausage Gravy and Biscuits.

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thanks, it was good!

Tonight was roasted broccoli, (salt n pepper, minced garlic, olive oil) onion chicken (covered in crushed crackers, tons of green onions, and applewood bacon) and salad. I'm making a honey almond cake in a little bit for dessert. A few days early for New Year's, but my one daughter is staying overnight and wanted her to be able to enjoy it while she's here since it's once a year.
    We joked because I decided to make bacon kosher and filed it under what we call "my own rules." :tongue3: It's a list of things I make up because...I can and we're allowed to. :godisgood:

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I had no idea what to have for dinner but I picked up some fresh corn from the farm stand and I had a bunch of farm tomatoes at home as well. I decided to cook up some of the stuffed chicken breasts I have in the freezer but then hubby said we needed to use up the hamburger buns we had from vacation so hamburgers it was. Burgers with fresh tomatoes and corn on the cob. I'm stuffed!

9. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Nice, annsni, we have burgers and corn on the cob planned out for tomorrow! LOL! It was going to be tonight but the chicken needed to be used.

The tomatoes...I used to just love fresh ones with Italian dressing. I can't get them to grow here and there aren't any roadside places, and store ones just don't taste right and give me heartburn! I may have to sneak over to your place for tomatoes. :wavey: One of my kiddos is trying to get us to drive her to New York for a concert anyhow so there ya go! (they're all beyond old enough to drive themselves, we gotta work on that...)

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Where in NY? I can send you a case of tomatoes if you want!! Not sure how well they'd do in the mail though. :)

11. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Yeah, probably wouldn't work out too well in the mail! We've got places closer to us with decent ones if I get too desperate. :thumbs:
    The concert city isn't listed yet, but they're guessing the venue will likely be Radio City Music Hall in NYC. It's a world tour and the USA ones aren't all hammered down, plus she's translating the site to English from Korean, so it's all a bit murky right now!

Tonight's dinner is probably a strange one for anyone but us.

Sushi and tater tots, followed up by watermelon and ice cream cones. :laugh:

12. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Tonight was grilled chicken (hubby created the marinade and it was good), rice and salad.

13. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

We visited Ruby Tuesday for the first time and had meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans and cauliflower cheese :)

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Ribs on the grill, hot dogs, potato salad, and green salad.

15. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Chili and cornbread.

Ruby Tuesday - it's been a very long time, but we liked it when we tried it!

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Tonight is simple. Spaghetti and meat sauce and green salad on the side. :)

17. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salmon patties....with ketchup. :smilewinkgrin:

18. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Peas, Salad, and Cherry Pie for dessert.

19. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

We had shop bought chicken and mushroom pastry slices with potatoes, Brussel sprouts, and peas followed by home-made rhubarb crumble and custard :)

20. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Breakfast for dinner: Pancakes, Eggs, Sausage, Bacon, and Sausage Gravy and Biscuits.