1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What's for Dinner?

Discussion in 'Women's Fellowship Forum' started by Friend of God, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Day of Fast and abstinence tomorrow.....

coffee
    toast
    water
    soup

2. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stuffed Chicken Rolls, Red-Skin Potatoes, Sliced Watermelon, and Hot Fudge Cake for dessert.

3. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mandarin Chicken, Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, and Texas Sheet Cake for dessert.

4. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Glazed Carrots, Green Salad, and Rice Pudding for dessert.

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Cajun style pan fried chicken breast and a caesar pasta salad.

Doing lots of cooking this weekend as I'm preparing stuff for the week ahead of time so there's less work during the weekdays. :thumbs:

6. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lemon-Sage Chicken, Lemon & Garlic New Potatoes, Apple-Green Bean Saute, Caesar Coleslaw, and Dulce de Leche Cheesecake for dessert.

7. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Chicken Marengo tonight.

8. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Meatloaf, Pinto Beans, and Corn Bread

9. friendofyours

friendofyours New Member

I just wanted you all to know that I really enjoy this thread. When I am able to log on, I go through it and jot down different ideas. Even when I don't have the time to get on the computer, I reach for my notes and can come up with something....thanks :thumbsup:

10. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

Spanish chicken skillet with veggies,, sweet potato fries, steamed broccoli, homemade chocolate ice cream

11. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Asian style short ribs over rice last night, tonight is leftovers of either that or the roast from before that, whatever whoever wants.

12. Sminasian

Sminasian Member

Hi

I am a fairly new poster and I am thrilled to have seen this thread. I used to post on AOL message boards, Kitchen frugality, simple living, couponing, etc. But AOL has closed the message boards and frankley, I am glad. I posted there because I have a great interest in those topics. But the trolling, slamming and harrassment was over the top.

My name is Sandie, I am from RI. I love to cook, cook and cook. I love being frugal, or a " good steward" over what the Lord has allowed me to have. I love to use coupons, collecting them, using them and getting the best bang for my buck.

I am half Italian and half Armenian, which means food is our reason for everything. I am into baking a bit more lately, but cooking is more my thing,
    I like to crochet, read the bible, fellowship with sisters in Christ, light houses, music, and much more.

OK enough of that.
    Tonight the family, ie I live with my parents and my brother moved back in, had talapia and salads. I am very allergic to seafood and it was way too hot to make anything else so I had a ham and cheese sandwhich and salad. Not very creative, I k now but it did the job.

I would like to ask if there is a thread for posting recipies? Kitchen tips? Bargains? etc... If not can we start some of those types of threads?

I look forward to posting and being part of this entire forum. So far I love what I have read

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Welcome to the thread Sandy! Baptist Board is really more of a theology board so there is not a lot of "life" stuff like money, cooking and the like. I go to some other boards for that. :) But you are welcome to post away here!

Dinner tonight was easy. I worked all day and it was warm, and hubby is overwhelmed from being behind in his message prep (he likes to have it done on Thursday, he didn't know he was preaching this week so he didn't have a direction and Thursday was our all day staff retreat) so I didn't want to ask him to BBQ. Instead, I boiled up some pasta and had stopped at the grocery store and hit up the salad bar for additions to a pasta salad. Pour some Italian dressing on top and we had dinner. Easy and light. :)

14. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the thread Sandie, hope you enjoy it.

Tonight is Chicken Cordon bleu, Roasted Red Potatoes, Caesar Salad, and Butterscotch Pudding for dessert.

15. Sminasian

Sminasian Member

Ann can you email the links to your other boards/forums for the other topics? Thank you

I dont k now what I am making tonight, I am going to my daughters house to babysit my two grand daughters while she and hubby go on a date. They asked me to be there at 6 pm. So I better hurry up and decide what dinner is.

Have a great dinner everyone

16. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Sandi, go ahead and start those threads! There's a long recipe one around here somewhere, should be able to find it by searching.

There's seven of us, so cooking, trying to be frugal, etc. all is just a part of life. I was once told that I was a better baker than cook, so I focused on improving and really enjoy both. Usually. Sometimes it's just BLAH with doing it so much!

17. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL, I've been canning for the last three days and we don't have anything prepared for supper! Oh, wait a minute, I guess I can whoop up some collard greens, fried country ham and cornbread pretty quick.

18. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

My own creation...chicken marinated and then a light coating and pan fry, then baked, then a splash of a reduction broth. (onions, smoked paprika, chicken broth, garlic, pepper, etc.)
    Had it with hominy and fresh spinach.

19. IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN)

IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN) New Member

Cafeteria food AGAIN. At least the company at the table makes it more appealing.:laugh:

20. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Green Beans, and Deep-Dish Apple Pie for dessert.