1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured When are names written in the "Book of Life"?"

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by TomLaPalm, Mar 21, 2016.

1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly! It was all of eternity. Past. Present. And Future. (And, yes, I recognize the irony of that statement.) :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

You've been given ample evidence yet you reject it. Do you know how to deduce things from Scripture? It seems you cannot. Do you not realize this deduction is via the Holy Spirit, and is partly how the apostle Paul reconciled the OT Scriptures with the Gospel of Christ, thus convincing many of Him being Messiah? You really need to move beyond your proof-text mentality friend..

• Like Like x 1
  3. TomLaPalm

TomLaPalm Member

your examples had nothing to do, were even the opposite ,of the question. If you think, not being written is the same as being written, I have to reject it. I deduce from what the scripture says , and not what I think I want it to say

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Not so. You're being dishonest here, we've already been through this. I've been patient with you and the false things of deceit against my advice and direct answers. No more wasting my time with this deceitful nonsense.

5. TomLaPalm

TomLaPalm Member

This part of the OP "but I do not find a verse where the names ARE being entered their."

You responded with two verses Which state that names are NOT being found.

How am I dishonest?

How do your verses have anything to do with the question?

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tom, you will find this sort of "filling in the blanks" and "connecting the dots", and "use logical reasoning" to make scripture say what they want it to say to be prevalent among several posters here.

7. TomLaPalm

TomLaPalm Member

I understand, I do not understand the animosity
    I haven't said a thing, only asked a question. Others have given both related pertinent verses and others totally unrelated verses .

Scripture plainly says what it says. If confusion exists , it is man's problem

• Like Like x 1
  8. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some people are arrogant, bitter, stubborn, know-it-alls. <shrugs>

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus (the Logos - 2nd person of the Trinity) - did indeed enter the time continuum and had at His disposal all of the events of eternity (unless it was partially hindered by His kenosis). You and I do not have the ability to put the puzzles of eternity into a smooth stream of sequential events which is proven by the never ending disputes among us.

The Bible is an eternal book yet it also was revealed to mankind in the time continuum yet being "pre-existant".

NIV Psalm 119:89 Your word, O LORD, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens.

Even after we enter eternity it may not be possible to get our arms around it but certainly not here on earth (under the sun) - but I think it will be so in the heavenly places.

Ecclesiastes 8:17 Then I beheld all the work of God, that a man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun: because though a man labour to seek it out, yet he shall not find it; yea further; though a wise man think to know it, yet shall he not be able to find it.

HankD

#69 HankD, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  10. TomLaPalm

TomLaPalm Member

yes, but remember Time is a delay in God's judgement. Time will end, when this world ends. and the purpose is complete