1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When did you vote?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Oct 31, 2008.

?
  1. I voted by absentee mail in ballot

5 vote(s)
    14.7%
  2. I went to one stop early voting at designated sites.

12 vote(s)
    35.3%
  3. I will vote/voted on election Tuesday.

15 vote(s)
    44.1%
  4. I will not/did not vote in this election.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Let us know!

2. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I will either vote early tomorrow or Sunday. If I can't make it, then I'll go on Tuesday.

VOTE EARLY. VOTE OFTEN.

#2 FriendofSpurgeon, Oct 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2008
  3. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

We were going to vote today, but the lines were 10 hours long!!! Hopefully, on Tuesday there will be shorter lines because more polling places will be open. Right now, there is only one place to vote early in this county.

4. billreber

billreber New Member

In Spokane County, in Washington state, voting is done entirely by "mail" now. Therefore, I cannot mark any of the choices in the poll.

The options I have include:

1. Mailing the ballot in, paying our Postal Service extra to get it to the County Auditor. (The completed ballot weighs almost 3 ounces).
    2. Placing the ballot in a drop-off container at numerous locations.
    3. Hand-carrying the ballot to the County Auditor's office, which involves paying to park, walking for MANY blocks, etc.
    4. Dropping the ballot off at the old "polling place" on Tuesday Nov 4, where they no longer have you "vote", but just accept your completed ballot. There are only about a dozen of these "drop-off sites".

I placed my ballot in the drop-off box at my local library 2 weeks ago, the day after I received the ballot in the mail. Over 30% of the ballots had already been returned by Wednesday Oct 29!

I personally miss the REAL voting, done in a polling place.:saint:

Bill :godisgood:

5. Carolina Baptist

Carolina Baptist Active Member

Went by the early voting location. The line was "hours long" and I didn't have time to wait. I plan to be at the poll when it opens Tuesday.

6. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Not everyone has the choice to vote early. You cannot vote early here in VA unless

1) you will be out of town or unable to leave work on Nov. 4th (and you have to show you have an 11 hour workday for the work thing)

2) you are elderly and cannot stand/wait in line

3) you are disabled and waiting in line is beyond your physical capacity

I am hoping to vote but I hurt my back last week and am not sure how long I can stand in line. I am much better but if my back starts hurting, I will have to leave. I am not sure if I could vote early with a doctor's note or not, and don't have time to find out, and don't have money to see the doctor anyway.

Consider yourself lucky! I wish I could vote by mail. As it is now with my back and the strong possibility that lines will be hours long, I doubt I will be able to vote.

#6 Marcia, Nov 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2008
  7. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I will stand in line for hours and vote on election day. It's the only time I get to visit with my neighbors...LOL

8. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We all get to vote down at the fire house - yep all 600 of us registered voters in this election district. It takes hours to vote here, too, but folks get to talking and such..... The Methodist will be having soup and sandwiches until 3 and then the "Election Day Pork Supper" will be put on by the Masons.

I am trying to contain my enthusiasm.

9. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Bwahaha! Right. Last presidential election, the line at my polling sight was at least an hour long--plus some.

10. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

hahaha. You should vote more often!

11. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

An hour would be an improvement. The line was TEN hours long Friday!! Our county made the news on CNN because of the length of the lines...so I'm hoping for shorter lines on Tuesday. The joke might be on me, tho!:laugh:

12. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

10 hours. I thought you were exaggerating at first. Our polls haven't even been open for 10 hours a day.

13. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

If the line will take more than 2 hrs. I will have to leave. I don't think my back can't take it. So I'm even wondering if I should bother at all, as I'm sure the lines will be at least 4 or 5 hrs. long.

14. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I voted by absentee ballot. I hope my choice wasn't a mistake. I voted for who I thought might be the lesser of the evils since we have such a poor choice--as always.

15. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

If I had known the lines were going to be so long, I would have voted by absentee ballot. I'll seriously consider it next time.

Here's the link to the story about our long lines--I'm in Gwinnett County:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/10/31/unprecedented-wait-times-plague-georgia-voters/

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I voted on the second day of early voting in Arkansas on October 21 right after work. It took about 20 minutes.

17. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I voted absentee last week. I will be working on election day and won't get home that till about midnight, driving in from either Va. or NC.

18. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I am really interested to see if the polls on election day are going to be long. I know at early polling, the lines were steady. I wonder if it put a knick in who is voting on election day.

19. donnA

donnA Active Member

I really don't know if we have early voting, if we do I have never heard of it locally. We will vote on Tuesday morning, usually not lines here locally, maybe 15 or 20 minutes at most, frequesntly theres no line when we arrive.

20. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

i early voted last week when it began since i'm going to be a poll worker on Tuesday.