1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured When Does Life Begin?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Apr 18, 2015.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Anything further would be speculation and pointless. As I said it is not a problem for Sovereign God.

2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So how is it a problem for you?

3. OldRegular

I really did not say it was a problem for me. You ask a question I responded as follows:

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AT CONCEPTION. The egg/ova and sperm are living human cells that, when joined during conception, begin the formation of a new life.

5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is not the question. Are they alive?

Follow your logic you could say that once joined they go no further than being human. [Kind of a dumb statement ... but it follows your logic.]

6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are living cells; individually, that's what they remain. Joined, they create an organism that grows, continually changes, is functionally active, and reproduces.

7. OldRegular

What else would they become other than human Crabbie!

You are like PJ, you cannot bring yourself to POST what you really believe about abortion can you? However, I believe your true feelings about the slaughter of the unborn child are well known!

Over 55,000,000 babies slaughtered and only once in the case of "Gosnel of Philadelphia" has justice been done. Yet these butchers, and that is what they are, butchers, will have to face the Judgment of God!

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's posted before, OR, that he doesn't give credence to the unborn; that he believes until they draw their first breath out of the womb, they don't count.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep he has and then he would have us believe he does not support abortion even though combined with his position on the unborn he supports organizations like planned parenthood.

If it walks like one and looks like one...........

10. OldRegular

I had not seen that post. However, it is obvious to all from his posts what his views are on the continuation of the slaughter of the unborn child. Perhaps in hell the pro-abortionists will have to exist eternally with the picture of the horror they did always before them!

I would also bet Crabbie is a member of SPCA and probably will not eat veal!

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rev - abortion isn't a bad thing if you don't consider the unborn a "person" before birth. That's how some of these folks justify it: it's just a blob of tissue, a mass of cells--or in some of the worst cases, a parasite--until it's outside the womb. The same sort of de-humanization that soldiers use when they call the enemy "gook" or "haji." Call it something other than what it is, and you don't have to think about what it really is, and it's not actually "killing" or "murder."

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep a mass of cells that has a heart beat only 18 days after conception

13. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly. And growing and continually changing from the moment of conception; conducting oxygen exchange with the mother; etc., etc.

14. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And CTB disappears again...

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yet somehow or another, that growing and continually changing from the moment of conception, conducting oxygen exchange with the mother unborn baby isn't viewed as part of the ALL Who have sinned by OldRegular.

16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The bible teaches us that God punishes sin, yet no unborn child has had the opportunity to willfully sin or rebel against God. However, every child conceived bears the sinful nature of man. At the same time, God has continuously revealed himself as a God of goodness and mercy. Therefore, I believe that every child murdered in the womb is in heaven. Surely the blood of Jesus is enough to cover the sinful nature of, yet sinless, unborn infant.

17. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not that difficult to understand. They are NOT YET BORN. A classic definition of sin is a willful transgression of a known law of God. Someone NOT YET BORN cannot willfully transgress a known law of God.

Romans 9:10-11 KJV
    10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
    11 For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;​

Once the child takes their first breath outside the womb they are certainly counted among the ALL; as in

Romans 3:23 KJV
    For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;​

18. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not that it pertains to this subject -- but I agree that "all" includes the unborn. But as has been pointed out here by Padre Durand, and others in another thread, scripture covers them.

So what's your point?

19. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

OR, you and I have been around this merry-go-round before and you refuse to listen and continue to libel me.

I do not stand for any abortion practices and have stood firmly with the pro-life camp for the entirety of my ministry.

That you continue to libel me on this board with slurs and accusations in spite of my continued replies that I do not affirm abortion is beyond unbelievable. It is, quite frankly, ignorant and mean spirited.

As a Christian brother, you have the responsibility to listen to me, once again, state that I, unequivocally, do not support abortion at any point once life begins. Please stop libeling me on this board.

20. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, start posting some facts, and CTB disappears...so much for caring about ALL life, not just the born....