1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When Missions Come to Us

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Crabtownboy, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The last four months I have been watching these people, and it had a strong effect on me to pray for them. I too have been through war and refugee days and I know all to well the feelings of fear, fear of getting hurt, fear of being separated from my family, fear of loss, fear of the unknown, when you are powerless and lost somewhere far from your home. I also know what it means to have an arm of salvation open towards you, to have good will shown to you, to have help in those moments.

I think about the peace we received from God. Can we share it with others, show our love, and make someone happy; in this place, in this refugee camp, in the middle of their terrible journey, show love to a stranger just passing by?

There is a railway line going through the camp, and this is where the train arrives. These old decrepit trains arrive with hundreds of souls in them, each of them with their life story. They sleep and they dream. Each soul is on a long and difficult journey, just so their families can escape poverty, misery, war and hunger. Neither winter nor snow will stop them on their journey. They disembark and walk through the snow and cold lost, confused, tired; they are men, women and children, all sleepy and crying. Now it is even harder to watch them. Among them there are a lot more children and pregnant women. And the picture is that much painful because there are a lot more of them with health issues, blind people, invalids, and old people in wheelchairs.

Jesus comes to us in unexpected ways, right here and now. How do we see Him today?

http://www.ebf.org/when-missions-come-to-us

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1