1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When to Stand Apart - Dr. Peter Masters on Secondary Separation

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Cesar, May 14, 2013.

1. Cesar

Cesar New Member

Friends and brethren,

I think it'd be useful for us to consider Dr. Masters perspective on secondary separation in his latest article When to Stand Apart - The article will soon be published on C.H. Spurgeon's Sword and Trowel magazine.

http://www.metropolitantabernacle.o...cles/Secondary-Separation-When-to-Stand-Apart

Keep and eye on the Met Tab website, there are a series of new articles in the pipeline!

Regards

#1 Cesar, May 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2013
  2. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

The article starts out well, then falls apart when it comes to the issue of music, IMO.

3. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Old fashioned fundamentalism there, nothing new.

4. Cesar

Cesar New Member

Lucas,
    I respect your view - Dr. Masters has extensively treated the issue of Music on some of his writings ... By the way, I am sure that you have read the article ... The Merger of Calvinism and Worldliness - pointless to highlight the need of separation from them - Would you agree?
    CG

5. Cesar

Cesar New Member

Yes ... I am not sure i quite understand your reply ... is it that you are expecting a "new form of fundamentalism" or is it that you don't agree to it ... sorry, just curios.
    CG

6. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IN MY OPINION many of the evangelicals that fundamentalists would separate from would probably be more than willing to separate.

The issue came up recently where I worship.
    We decided (at least for that particular issue) that fellowship was a greater witness to Christians and non-Christians than separation.

Rob

7. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The OP was to look at this new article about secondary separation, I did and though it may have been recently penned, it's nothing new, old fashioned fundamentalism. I'm not a fundamentalist and find the whole secondary separation issue distasteful.

8. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I read it and I cannot agree. It seems that he equates music with charismatic error, which is a false analogy.