1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When was the last time you cried before the presence of the lord?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Jan 7, 2008.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

As I was driving home from work, I was just praising God remembering everything he has done for me. He paid the ultimate price and sometimes we take things for granted and forget we serve a living God who is always there to hear us out. Man... I was just crying and it was awesome. I give Glory to God for everything brothers and sisters.

The question is:

2. readmore

readmore New Member

I envy you that. I can count the amount of times I have cried in my adult life on one hand. I so wish I were "moved to tears" more often, especially about things that God has done for me.

3. tank1976

tank1976 New Member

It was not all that long ago.

4. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

In church. The sermon was about Abraham almost sacrificing Isaac, and would we be able to make such a commitment to God with our own children. A woman from our church walked forward and placed her newborn son in his blanket on the floor, then knelt down to pray. I was positively bawling, and I'm not a crier, either.

love,

Sopranette

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Way too often. LOL!! But I'm more and more emotional as I get older, I'm finding. It's easy to move me to tears!

6. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Hey, I know is hard for many to cry at times. In my case, its hard to cry about anything but the things of God. Its like, I now have a mentality that I just focus on the blessings instead of the negativity around us. Its so easy to focus on the negative and when we do that..... it can get really hard to praise God about anything. Now and days, we have to be even careful with some Cristian brothers and sisters who are always down and negative about everything... and think they know it all and always gossiping. Thats dangerous you know.... I dont like negative people around me. I just pray for them and hope the lord blesses them to the point that they have no choice but to acknoledge it.

One thing that works for me is to actually thank and Praise God for the privilidge to praise him. Many dont know what a privilidge it is to actually praise and worship God. Many do it religiosly and out of routine but not from the heart. Some dont even praise God anymore, why? I have no Idea. :godisgood: :thumbs:

7. Marla

Marla New Member

Amen to that. It's been too long since I have cried in thanks to the Lord.

8. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

December 23rd, 2007

9. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

AWESOME!!!

God is so good and great!!! Its just so amazing how awesome he is. He never fails us and is always on time.

10. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Yes he is!

I was listening to someone that was talking about how she came to knew the Lord and how she was one of those people that came to church, and then left right away never allowing God into her life.

I WAS that same person when I finally came to know God. I could relate so much to what she lived through and I remembered that life I had and the life I have now that I know the Lord and it's amazing different!!

I love my Lord!

Jamie