1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When we appear before the Throne...

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Jesus is Lord, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Jesus is Lord

Jesus is Lord New Member

and the Lord judges our lives, do you think that the translation issue will matter? Will "Which version of the Bible did you read?" be a question the Lord will ask us? What do you think?

(Serious question... I was thinking about this today...)

2. Keith M

Keith M New Member

There is only one thing that is going to get us to heaven, and that is the blood of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ - no matter what Bible version we read about it!

3. Jesus is Lord

Jesus is Lord New Member

Amen!

But our lives will be judged by the Lord (no judgement to codemnation -> Romans 8:1). We are accountable for what we have done with our lives... and I am interested if you think that "Which Bible version did you read" will be a question there...

4. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

In and as much as it affected how much you trusted and depended on God for everything, made public by your obedience to his commands, joy in his commands, hope in his promises, and general holiness as distict from the unrighteouness that characterized our lives as unbelievers but continues to live with us as we live between the two ages, then yes, it will matter. But I don't think that much influence on those things, except for perhaps the language we used on this board and whether or not we spend more time defending the MV or KJV or telling other people then can trust in Jesus.

5. Forever settled in heaven

i don't think the Lord wld ask abt Bible versions, being a non-Onlyist Himself (n how do we know that but thru the NT's use of the OT, Jesus' versional choice in Capernaum, Paul's versional choices, etc.).

however, He might have some interest in those who go about sneering at other people's Bibles, saying, "Yea, hath God said?"