1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When you don't feel like singing

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by rsr, Nov 20, 2016.

1. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    When we don’t feel like singing, we have an opportunity to consider the interests of others and count them more significant than our own (Philippians 2:3–4). We have the privilege, in a way, to open our mouths for the mute (Proverbs 31:8). You may not want to sing, but the person next to you, in front of you, or behind you may need you to sing.

http://www.desiringgod.org/articles... Monitor&utm_term=What If I Dont Want to Sing

Been there, done that. Sometimes the words are just so painful they make me cry. But if you can sing through your pain and your doubt, it can encourage others. A small thing, but Christian life is predominantly small things, isn't it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great reminder of the others involved -- that our singing is not solely personal. Thanks.

3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...and sometimes the people singing around you screech so painfully that it makes you want to cry.

I know where a few people are sitting in our congregation after the first song.

Rob