1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

When's the last time you felt transported to . . .

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Seeker of the Source, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Seeker of the Source

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    When's the last time you felt transported to . . . the very throne of God?

It has happened to me during a worship experience. It was an unforgettable experience. I was in a school library meeting in a circle with about 20 saints. We were singing and I was playing guitar. Mid-song as my eyes were closed, it seemed like I was in a bright light at the base of some steps to a throne and the peace was overwhelming. It was as if I was in the actual presence of the Lord. I couldn't lift my gaze upwards. I was transported somehow. I have never had the same thing happen to me again. That was over 30 years ago.

Anyone else have a similar encounter with the Lord? stairs to heaven.jpg

2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

All the time...

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have had such experiences. I will only mention what happened to me recently. On Christmas Eve last year I was admitted to the hospital for emergency surgery (divirticulitis), in which they removed a 16 inch portion of me, lest I die. In God's providence, there was a surgical team which had just finished an operation, and were able to operate on me even on Christmas Eve. I woke up with tubes connected all over me, and spent the next 13 days in the hospital. I was not transported to the throne. Just the opposite. Jesus came to me in such an incredible, peaceful way. All during my time in the hospital He was with me the greatest peace and joy I have ever had in my life. When I was finally released from the hospital, I was in the house alone, and was walking with a cane down our hall when God filled me with such thankfulness for all I had suffered that I had to stop right there and simply thank Him.

I have since had another surgery, and am mostly recovered. My wife especially, but also my son, as well as our precious pastor and many friends, were so good to me. But Jesus is always good all of the time. Praise Him and proclaim Him!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Seeker of the Source

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wonderful!