1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Where are the Fossilized Remains of Millions of Humans?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by InTheLight, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

God did not need SIX 24 HOUR DAYS to make the universe, either. So I don't see your point.

The "God took... so he couldn't..." mess is silly. God could build a trillion to the trillionth power universes a million times larger than our own in a trillionth of a second without the least effort.

How much time it "took God" (whatever that means) is UTTERLY irrelevant.

No one has said they are not historical people. I agree. That is a Gospel issue. There absolutely HAD to be a real man and real woman who were the absolute first of their kind from whence every human being who has ever existed has been born.

I have no problem whatsoever with the idea that Adam and Eve were special creations of God made from real dirt around 10,000 years ago.

I also don't have a problem with other possibilities that allow that there absolutely HAD to be a real man and real woman who were the absolute first of their kind from whence every human being who has ever existed has been born.

No allegory is completely without literal facts intermingled. I have no problem whatsoever with Adam and Eve being special creations of God somewhere between 6-10,000 years ago.

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No matter what science says?

How much time did God spend making Adam and Eve?

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

No matter what SCIENTISTS say. There is a difference.

Science is truth as much as the Bible is. All truth is God's truth. That is the prolegomenon of most good systematic theologies.

You tell me.

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was the Sixth Day and epoch or not?

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Finally.

Remember that next time you assert that distant starlight proves an old earth.

7. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

This distant starlight is not a scientist.

8. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Likely.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which is one of the weaker arguments because like usual it "assumes" something. It "assumes" that the traveling of light has always been a constant speed. Such things just cannot be proven.

10. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even assuming the speed of light is constant, distant starlight is no problem.There's more going on. There is the expansion of 3d space, gravitational time dilation, whether one assumes a bounded universe (having an edge and center) or an unbounded universe, and the list goes on.

So, Rick only knows a smattering of what scientists say about these things, and he calls that science.

11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? By what event do you make that judgment?

12. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Yes, what THOUSANDS of scientists say about the age of the universe- Christian and non-Christian alike.

Is it possible that you only know a smattering of what AiG people purport?

13. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, according to your own judgement, no real appeal to science. That's what I've been telling you. Notions and assumptions, that's all you have. You cling to them so fearfully, that you can't bring yourself to ask about the specifics to which I've alluded. You simply resort to name-dropping in your desperate attempts to counter them.

There's no question I'm no physicist, biologist nor geologist, but what has become painfully obvious is that, unlike you, I am well-informed.

Eventually, you'll come around. If not you, then your children.

14. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Time to wind this up.

Adam and Eve were created in a day. To his credit, Rick will take God at His word in the accounts of the creation of Adam and Eve, and that was the only act of creation on the Sixth Day. The accounts are detailed and render foolish any attempt to assign a length of time other than the prima facia reading.

Within one circuit of the sun, God fashioned the unspeakably complex "universes" of the bodies of Adam and eve, and breathed life into them. One day. As was the Sixth Day, so were the previous five.

#154 Aaron, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  15. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

No, we've provided the scientific evidence of starlight, of an expanding universe, the fossil record, etc...

You just reject scientific evidence because you don't like what it points to- or you twist it in ridiculous ways because that is what Ken Ham taught you to do.

But it has been cited and provided for you.

16. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would it be fair and or correct to think, on the earth there was darkness upon the face of the deep.

Spirit the God, light moved upon the face of the darkness and divided the light, that good, from the darkness into two, twelve hour periods of time and that became the first day of God filling out, the system, that is this present world?

On the fourth period of time God established the alignment of the the bodies in the heavens to regulate time.

Where were the oil and diamonds at this time?

#156 percho, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  17. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thought of this thread after coming accross the following article Why Don't We Find Human & Dinosaur Fossils Together?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.