1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where did FREEWILL begin ???

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by dan p, Jul 3, 2010.

1. dan p

dan p New Member

Hi to all , and I see that we will again debate , where did freewill began .

To me , there are 2 groups that HAD Freewill .

#1 , And the first created beings , were Angels , before there was sin in the Universe .

#2 , Then Ezek 28:15 , sin was found in Lucifer and of course Isa 14:9-17 , and Lucifer and CHOSE , AND SIN began .

#3 , Then 1/3 of angels also tried to leave and Jude 6 , reveals where they are now .

#4 , And they only other 2 , that HAD Freewill were Adam and Eve , and sin entered the human race .

You all have to make up your mind .

In I Cor 2:14 , But the Natural man receiveth NOT THE THINGS of God and there is NONE that seeketh after God .

Then in Eph 2:1 , syas that man is DEAD in Trespasses and Sins , so how can a dead man respond .

I believe that one answer is those saved are the elect , from the foundation of the world , Eph 1:4 and also Eph 2:8 , what say you ??

2. billwald

billwald New Member

Since you asked, I think that every person is "elect" except those whom the Bible specifically states are reprobate, such as Judas. I think the rest of us are given the freedom to opt out. In other words, Jesus died for the sins of the entire world and God doesn't want any to perish.

I think that any sane person would accept the good news IF it was explained to him in a way that he can understand. I don't know if God sends crazy people to Hell.

Google "neal punt" for a person who writes better than I do.

http://www.ukapologetics.net/08/puntbookreview.htm

for example.

http://christiancentury.org/article.lasso?id=8009

has an interesting analysis.

3. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Before Adam and Eve sinned, there was Lucifer's sin of pride when he made the 5 "I will" statements--the last one being, "I will be like the most High." That was what got him cast out of heaven. People usually speak of Adam's and Eve's sin as the "original sin", but Lucifer's sin was the "original sin."

4. Txspurgeon

Txspurgeon New Member

Bill, I do not believe everone is of the elect. What about those who die who rejected the gospel. They rejected Jesus. the ones who have HEARD the gospel preached many times and ran from it. Those are the non-elect obviously, or they would have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and be DRAWN to Christ. Those who ultimately reject Christ are the Non-Elect.