1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where does our physical body come from?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by convicted1, Dec 23, 2011.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I want to thank all who took the time to post in this thread. :thumbs::thumbs:

Y'all have certainly given me many slices of differing breads to taste. I have my idea concerning this, but I didn't want to start a thread asking a question, and then give you the answer later. I have witness this being done before(I have done this in times past, but have stopped doing that), and didn't want to do it again. I was wanting to know what everyone else though about this, and how they came to their conclusions using scripture. Thanks again, and may God bless y'all with a very Merry CHRISTmas. I love you all!!

i am I AM'S!!

Willis

2. marke

marke New Member

This is correct, in my opinion. I have been debating evolutionists for a while over at CARM and been studying different scientific issues in that process. Our bodies are made up of extremely complicated arrangements of chemical elements in an intricately designed combination of DNA strands with specific coding arrangements organized by the genetic code. Animals also have similar DNA strands and similar genes, and all are just arranged chemical elements, elements which may be found in dirt, for example.

The spirit of man, on the other hand, is not made from dirt and without the spirit man's body is just fancy dirt and will crumble back into its separate elements when the spirit leaves the body.

3. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What scripture do you find that God breathed a soul into the man.

From Hebrew Interlinear Scripture4all.org
    Gen 2:7 and he is forming Yahweh Elohim the human soil from the ground
    and he is blowing in nostrils of him breath of lives and he is becoming the human to soul living.

It is the breath (spirit from God, spirit is life) that makes what was created from the ground living soul.

Yes what was created from the ground in the image of God with the breath of life from God became a living soul. So says your Bible.

Breath doesn't mean soul to my understanding it means life. Soul is what came in existence with life from God. The five senses began working and storing knowledge of its environment and it's emotions. God told Adam, the living soul, dying you will surely die. Satan told Eve, God lied to you, dying you shall not surely die. You are not a living soul that can die. You have a soul that can never die, must be what he told her, the very opposite of what God had told Adam it the soul does not die.

Peter said, David being a prophet spake of the resurrection of Jesus.
    that (means what follows was resurrected)
    his soul (Jesus the person who wept) was not left in Hades
    neither (something else also was relative to resurrection)
    his flesh did see corruption.

Peter said David was speaking of Jesus and not himself. He had already told them David was both dead and buried. Why say both? The soul David died and they buried him and he saw corruption. If David wrote souls go to Hades/Sheol at death and it was the soul of the Christ his seed which was not left in Hades then the soul of David must still be in Hades.

David's son wrote the spirit (breath that gave life to the soul) returns to the God who gave it. Per David the soul to Hades. And the dust returns to the earth or as Paul put it, for if our earthly house (the dust) of [this] tabernacle (the soul) were dissolved (returns to the earth) we have.

Jesus commended his spirit (the breath of life from God) into the hands of his Father. The once living soul Jesus was then dead. Dead for three days and three nights then the Father by his Spirit renewed the Spirit to Jesus regenerating him with life in himself just as the Father has life in himself.

If the living soul Jesus did not die your sins have not been paid and if the soul of Jesus has not been regenerated there will be no life for us.