1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where Have All The Good Leaders Gone

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dragoon68, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Where have all the good leaders gone?

Who will we have to choose from for President in four years?

Who will we have to choose from for Senators and Representatives in the coming elections?

The same old choices or some that are really what we need?

What candidates will truly stand up for limited government, adherence to our Constitution, restoration of principles that made America great, and the courage to proclaim that the foundation of all our blessings rest with the one true God?

What candidates will lead us away from an ever increasing dependency upon an ever growing federal government to a new recognition of self-reliance and local rule of our daily lives?

What candidates will present the issues that matter and stay away from all the gimmicks that preoccupy today's campaigns?

What candidates will have the courage to tell the truth and not apologize for it?

What candidates will not fear the inevitable and necessary conflict with the opposing forces and put aside any thought that compromise will lead to progress?

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

They are being ignored because they aren't accepted by the Republicrats.

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen, and AMen and AMEN and AMEN

4. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Then bring them out so we can see them and hear them. I didn't see them among the third party candidates either.

5. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Just who did you look at.....third party?

Just what party platforms did you study?

6. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I considered of them I knew about.

I don't care about looking back now. I'm looking forward. The question is what's available for the future?

It's time for "change"!

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

I guess what bothers me is that we get to choose our leaders...

...but the media chooses the "finalists" from which we pick.

They manage to time and time again give the kiss of death to candidates by simply giving them no coverage.

For example, no one is going to convince me that McCain was the best choice the Republicans had. But the media all but quit covering any other candidate early on.

8. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

The media mainly covers the frontrunners and the second place candidates.

9. rbell

rbell Active Member

I disagree, to the extent that the media has a lot to say about who the 1st and 2nd place candidates are.

With our ridiculous system of letting Iowa and New Hampshire determine who our President becomes...some possibly good candidates are completely shut out of coverage 2 weeks after the campaign begins. Couple that with the media's bias...and you have them playing a determining role, rather than an informational one.

IMO, we should do an "end run" around the media, and have the primaries in a 1-2 week period...or maybe in 2-3 days.

10. jesusisawesome

jesusisawesome New Member

Ron Paul 2012.

11. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

:thumbs::thumbs: And no stinkin' """debates""" either! Let's have some real debates with actual ideas being expressed and challenged rather than media sound bites being tossed around.

12. Cliff B

Cliff B New Member

Most of the good ones got voted out in the last two elections because of a few bad apples & a liberal media.

Who will we have to choose from for President in four years?

If the Dems have their way, we won't have a choice.

What candidates will truly stand up for limited government, adherence to our Constitution, restoration of principles that made America great, and the courage to proclaim that the foundation of all our blessings rest with the one true God?

What candidates will lead us away from an ever increasing dependency upon an ever growing federal government to a new recognition of self-reliance and local rule of our daily lives?

What candidates will present the issues that matter and stay away from all the gimmicks that preoccupy today's campaigns?

What candidates will have the courage to tell the truth and not apologize for it?

What candidates will not fear the inevitable and necessary conflict with the opposing forces and put aside any thought that compromise will lead to progress?

Mike Huckabee tried, but found out that people don't want honesty anymore. They'd much rather have empty promises.