1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where in the Bible does it claim [I]sola scriptura[/I] and inerrancy?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Matt Black, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I have started a new thread accordingly in this forum. DHK and everyone else, please come and join us!

Yours in Christ

Matt

2. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Further question:

In what way is the Bible inerrant in terms of manuscripts? No inerrantist I know apart from KJVOist claims that the translation they have in their possession is free of eg: copyist and translators' errors, only that the Bible is inerrant in its original MSS. Now, since none of us have the original autographs, but only erroneous copies and translations, does that not drive a rather large coach and horses through the whole "if you don't believe the Bible is inerrant then your view of God (and possibly your salvation) is flawed" argument? Since none of us have an inerrant Bible in our possession, then either our views of God are corrupted or inerrancy is a massive red herring of only academic interest and has no bearing on our view of God . Now, I do not believe that God would have permitted the former situation to subsist, and therefore I have to adhere to the latter

Yours in Christ

Matt