1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where in the Bible

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Joman, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Joman

Joman New Member

Foreign people where living in the land of israel. And something bad happened to them ( i dont remember what) And the king told somebody to teach the law of God to avoid that bad thing that was killing the people..

Do you remember where in the bible is that story?

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Sorry, his info is too general. There were always foreign people living in Israel and bad things were always happening, mainly because God's people kept turning to idols.

Do a search on one of the Bible sites for "law" in the OT and maybe you can find it.

Try Bible Gateway at http://bible.gospelcom.net/keyword/

Are you thinking of when the book of the law was rediscovered when Josiah was king?

3. jdcanady

jdcanady Member

I agree with Marcia, the information is too general. You could be refering to I Samuel 5-6, the account of the Ark of the Lord being captured by the Philistines and all the woes that came to the people of their lands, or any number of times when the people of Israel turned from God and were called to repent, usually by prophets, but occasionally by kings. I hope you find it. Share it if you do.

4. Watchman

Watchman New Member

2Kings 17:26-27

5. Joman

Joman New Member

Thanks everybody for trying to help. Specially thanks Watchman because that's exactly the correct story i was looking for.

6. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More than one Egyptian left Egypt with Israel. Moses' wife Zipporah was a midianite, plus the KJV says he'd married an Ethiopian. And there were prolly assorted other Midianites, Ammonites, & Arabs(Ishmaelites) who joined Israel on the way.

But the ones I believe you might be thinking of, Joman, are the Gibeonites who tricked Joshua because Josh failed to consult God about them. Israel was bound by Joshua's promise to let them live, and when Saul killed some of them along with the Amalekites, God punished israel until David found out why God eas angry with Israel and set things aright with Gibeon.

I think the Gibeonites were the main people who made up the "nephilim", the menial temple workers.

7. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jonah?

Rob