1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where in the Canon Bible does RCC get their doctrines from?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Yeshua1, Sep 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you'll find they are. :) Just as Christ is self-authenticating. "Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going" (John 8:14).
    No. I can point out to you that men like Eirenaeus and Polycarp who quoted from all over the Bible and only from the Bible, years before the various councils and synods, but those men have no authority to bind my conscience any more than the councils do. The fact is that the churches accepted the canon as they received it. The acceptance of the canon by the Council of Carthage was simply a bunch of guys approving what was already common practice.

I accept the decisions of councils and synods just as far as they approved the truth, which they sometimes did. But I deny their authority. Many of them were called by Emperors rather than the churches, and some of them were renegade like the 'robber' second synod of Ephesus in 445. Likewise popes have no authority except insofar as they uphold the truth, which they cannot do because there is no such position in the Church. 'Apostolic succession' is a joke. In 1046, the Holy Roman Emperor Henry III came to Rome to be crowned. He found no fewer than three popes (Benedict IX, Sylvester III and Gregory VI) squabbling about who was the real one! So he sacked them all and appointed his own pope, Clement II. So where's your apostolic succession there?

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Apostles had NONE to follow them who were inspired as they were by jesus Himself , as the first centurt Church would have been set and organized and taught pretty much as we Bapotists see it!

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actual, would have been MUCH closer to baptist!

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There cannot be such thing, as Jesus ONLY promised to have the inspiration for his own Apostles!

5. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.