1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where is the Peaceful and Tolerant Islamic State?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Will, Oct 23, 2001.

1. Will

Will New Member

Demona,

You will of course provide proof that Copernicus retracted his theories.

You will of course provide proof that Aristilean Cosmology that taught Earth was the center of the universe also believed that Jerusalem was the center of the universe. (I can hardly wait to hear this proof as this is a new one I've never heard claimed before.)

You really don't understand what they believed about the Earth being the center of the universe. They thought that Earth was at the bottom of the heap (that it was the junk heap) and was totally corrupted. That all of the trash and impurities from the universe settled on Earth. They thought that the heavens were pure and uncorrupted. Far from your belief that they exalted the Earth as the center of the universe they exalted the heavens as pure and untainted. Of course if you can provide your evidence I'm sure we'll all be interested.

What they found most objectionable about Galileo was his finding on sunspots (which if you would study, you would realize were his major findings.) Aristotle had taught that the heavens were pure, Galileo was finding impurity in the heavens, something they found quite objectionable.

Of course all of history could be wrong and you could have some new evidence at your disposal. If so, let's have it.

[ November 08, 2001: Message edited by: Will ]

2. Will

Will New Member

Demona,

I just re-read your post. In it you claim that Galileo theorized that the Earth was round. Are you actually claiming this to be true (i.e. that Galileo first introduced this or even discussed this at all?) Seriously?

I believe you have your Galileo myth mixed up with another one. If not, please defend this rather bold claim.