1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where is the Pope? Oh, in his mansion behind the wall.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Wesley Briggman, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The pope is a politicized fool and his rulings mean nothing.

3. Wesley Briggman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your position is true for you and me. However, consider the people in the nations Trump recently referred to and many in those countries worship the Pope.

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems they feel the same way about their nations, seeing they're trying so hard to leave.

5. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not accustomed to agree with the pope on very much, but here I make an exception.
    Leviticus 19:33-34. 'And if a stranger dwells with you in your land, you shall not mistreat him. The stranger who dwells among you shall be to you as one born among you, and you shall love him as yourself; for you were strangers in the land of Egypt. I am the LORD your God.'

Most Americans are descendants of immigrants, whether from Ireland, Italy, Poland, Russia or somewhere else.
    I suppose that every country has the right to regulate the number of immigrants in order to assimilate them effectively, but the Bible is clear that those in the land must be treated equally and with love. What Muslims in America or Britain need is not hatred and rejection but the Gospel, and kindness is more likely to make them disposed to give the Gospel a hearing.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Wesley Briggman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "New arrivals must “know and respect the laws, the culture and the traditions of the countries that take them in,” he said.".

Sounds good but is not born-out in reality. Additionally, how many Muslims live in the Vatican? My main point is that the Pope is a hypocrite.

• Like Like x 1
  7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doesn't really apply since the subject is people that don't live here at all and those that live here illegally.

But this does seem to apply to your use of scripture for your own purposes.

6 From which some having swerved have turned aside to vain jangling; 7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm. 8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

and then there's this from Proverbs:

4 Lawbreakers praise criminals,
    but law-abiding citizens
    always oppose them.

8. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know what purposes you think I have. My forebears have lived in Britain for as long as I can trace them back, although I'm sure if I could go back far enough I would have a Danish or Saxon immigrant for an ancestor.
    Now where have I praised criminals? All I did was quote Scripture to you. :)

If you wish to stop people coming to your country, a good way to do that would be to try to make it possible for them to stay where they are, by investing in their countries and trading with them, and even better, to support Christian missionaries.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many do also in USA & UK, etc.

10. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Catholic here.

‘Peace Has No Religion’: Muslim Refugees Find Safe Haven With Vatican

'Peace Has No Religion': Muslim Refugees Find Safe Haven With Vatican

The Vatican, keep in mind is quite tiny, with like a population 840.

The United States has long held a reputation of being the GOOD GUYS we are nation of immigrants.

I think American Indians should be given the right to tell those who are opposed to immigrants to skidaddle back to nazi germany.

1 John 3
    17But whoever has the world’s goods, and sees his brother in need and closes his heart against him, how does the love of God abide in him?

According to scripture the hypocrite is the one who refuses to help.

Matthew 19

23And Jesus said to His disciples, “Truly I say to you, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24“Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

We are filthy rich, Heaven forbid if I ever had to do any charity work, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

Running Water and electricity. Who prays when water comes out of a faucet?

Matthew 25

35‘For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’

If you refuse to help anyone, you already feel the hell burning, you will feel it right now. You already hate yourself in that shameful silence. I get crushed with beggars on the street corners, even if they are fake.

11. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What you seem to forget, is that all America, North, Central and South was invaded by European illegal immigrants, who mostly used genocide on the natives.

Before that there were what ere known as 'culture heroes' who turned up from the sea and in most cases improved the cattle flocks by breeding and also the Maize stocks. These immigrants didn't have the wheel, used a strange whistling language, were white and bearded. The only place where they could have come from is pre Spanish Canary Islands. They were probably blown across the Atlantic in their small fishing boats. When the Inca's came, they did a great work for the agriculture but enslaved the indigenous populations.

12. Wesley Briggman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Perhaps I missed it, but nowhere did I read the Muslims were IN the Vatican - certainly not to setup housekeeping.

13. Wesley Briggman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  14. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  15. utilyan

Site Supporter

The Pope isn't Italian.

And the idea of a Muslim living in Vatican city is hundreds of years old its not a new thing.

Google stuff.

16. utilyan

Site Supporter

5 trillion for the chair, You gonna write me the check?

The artwork is so priceless it actually earns income that pays out charity.

You can also see list of top 100 charities:

The Largest U.S. Charities For 2016

I'm sure baptist charities will get on that list.....wait is there baptist charities?

WOW THERE IS! Good Job guys.

17. Wesley Briggman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I Googled it and it is reported that the Pope hand-picked twelve Muslims to accompany him to the Vatican. I didn't find anything to substantiate your claim.

18. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree the pope is being more than a bit hypocritical as head of the State of Vatican City. As sovereign nations go, it has strong borders with no illegal immigrants. Though, realistically, for its size, the Vatican could only take 2 or 3 immigrant households.

19. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh, actually, yes, he is. His father, Mario José Bergoglio, was an Italian immigrant born in Portacomaro in Italy's Piedmont region. His mother Regina Sívori descended from a family of northern Italian (Genoese) origin. Mario José's family left Italy in 1929 to escape the fascist rule of Benito Mussolini. Pope Francis was born 7 years after his father's arrival in Buenos Aires.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And ended up having to deal with the fascist wannabes the Peronists.

• Agree Agree x 1