1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where to go?

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Silver58, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Silver58

Silver58 New Member

I need to discuss marital issues. Is this the right place on the board to do that? It is extremely personal and not something that I can discuss with my church family in real life. Please help.

2. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Your personal marital issues would better be resolved and handled by your local clergyman or a Christian counselor. A public Baptist Board is not the place to receive help. You will receive various responses and will probably be more confused than helped. Depending on whether you are a man or woman, you should become acquainted with some of the members of the board through reading their posts, then if you gain confidence in a member of your gender, respond to them through a private message and see if they are willing to listen and help with prayer and counsel. God bless you! :praying:

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Usually marital issues are done with church counselors. You wouldn't want to do it in open forum anyway. You will have to wait until you can post in the private men's or women's forum, and there are certain requirements that you have to meet to get in these forums.

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If, as you say, it is so extremely personal so much so that you won't want to discuss it with people you personally know, such as your church, why disucss it in board such as this where people can poke their heads in and read about it ?
    The impersonal nature of a board shouldn't be enough reason to want to do it here.
    I suggest take it up with (1) God, then (2) your pastor.

5. Joe

Joe New Member

I'll be praying for you :1_grouphug: Hang in there

6. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have to be 18+, a member of a Baptist church, and you must have 50 posts. If you want to reach the 50 post limit, you should go down to the games forum and run up your count with game posts.

7. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I agree.

Silver: You need to get 50 posts to gain entrance to the Men's Private Forum. A personal post, like the one you're describing, would be deleted in an open forum due to personal content.

But your best bet is for you and your wife to seek Godly counsel within your home church.

Trust me, you may think your problem in unique and too personal, but there are not too many situations that your Pastor has not already dealt with many times over...

As I said in the Welcome Forum, I am praying for you and your wife.

§ue :praying:

#7 I Am Blessed 24, Jul 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2008
  8. JerryL

JerryL New Member

I wish someone would reset my request for the men's private forum. I messed up when trying last year and now it won't even let me do it right. It says my request is pending and has said that for close to a year now.

9. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

The problem is that the Baptist Board is public, and anyone can access anything that is posted. The only exceptions are the four private forums - men's, women's, moderator's and log-in. But even if you posted your details on one of the private forums, you would have little idea of who else is a member of the forum concerned. So I would say that perhaps your question should be: "Is the Baptist Board (or any Internet board, come to that) the right place to discuss intimate and extremely personal marital issues?"

You don't say why you feel you cannot discuss it with your pastor or anyone else at your church; perhaps you cannot disclose the reason without disclosing the issues themselves. However, could you not at least ask your pastor if he could put you in touch with someone with whom you could discuss these matters in confidence?