1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Where was Jesus during the 3 days after he was crucified?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Dec 28, 2007.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Fine - if it is "an account" and not "parable" then it must be observed that in the "Account" -- it is ABRAHAM the person that speaks and to whom the dead Lazarus goes. "Abarahm" is never said to be "a name of a place" in this "account".

Abraham "the person" speaks and is inquired of by the lost in hell and Abraham alone "renders decision" as to who shall be raised from the dead from among the saints - and who shall not.

If you are going to stick with this as "an account of actual happenings" then the facts must be literally true.

But even in that extreme unsupportable instance -- Abraham is not called "paradise" and he is not called "Hades" or anything else.

in Christ,

Bob

2. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

The point you are missing is that Paradise is NEVER said to "Move around" in scripture. And since there are only THREE places that we find the term Paradise in ALL of the NT - you have to work with them -- no story telling.

in Christ,

Bob

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Certainly "Satan never had the keys of hell" rather Hell is reserved BY GOD for Satan.

Three problems with that.

1. Hades is never said to have a "Paradise section" in scripture
    2. Paradise is never said to "Be in a part of Hades" in scripture.
    3. Jesus is never said to "move or take Paradise with him" anywhere in all of scripture.

Aside from that though - it makes for a "popular" story -- I have to admit.

in Christ,

Bob

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The basic flaw in the thought-pattern of this thread has not been addressed at all, I find - even without having ginven much attention.

Where was Jesus while He suffered hell for the redemption of many - not after, but before and in that, He died!

5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Well, except this is not what the OP asked.

That was the question I answered, not what may have been unsaid.

Ed

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thanks, now I undestand you better.
    First (in my opinion):
    (1) AS, Christ was being raised from the dead, all the Glory of the Father and the full fellowship of father, Son and Holy Spirit, "energised", "the exceeding greatness of His power which He WORKED , WHEN, He raised Christ from the dead AND, EXALTED Him to the right hand of God in heavenly realms". 'Heaven', in this moment, was, the grave of Joseph in the garden. Jesus therefore, first of all, while being raised from the dead, was in heaven upon earth.
    (2) For the rest of the Sabbath where"IN" Jesus was raised from the dead, He "On the Seventh Day rested as GOD, in His OWN rest entered". Therefore, for the rest of this first of the three days after Jesus had been raised from the dead, He on this earth, with the Father, "Finished all the works aof God", which "the Father had given (Him)".

(3) Then hereafter what is revealed for us human beings in Scripture about the whereabouts of Christ after his resurrection, on the following day, was, when "Very early on the First Day of the week, He appeared to Mary Magdalene first".

(4) Later on that same First Day (Sunday) He also appeared to (i.a.?) the three disciples on their way to Emmaus.

(5) Next -- and here the third day of the days you have in mind, had begun, when Jesus appeared to the disciples in the upper-room.

(6) And further we don't know in detail but that He for forty days kept on appearing to his Believers, until the day "He was taken up in the air in a cloud".

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE
    Where was Jesus during the 3 days after he was crucified?

‘Thursday crucified’, gives Thursday first day of “the 3 days after He was crucified”. He gave the spirit the 9th hour (3pm) (Or 3:30pm – Eliyahu) For three hours on Thursday Christ was in the state of death – which no one living has an idea of what it is like, except that it was on the cross on Calvary that Jesus hang, dead. Anything more said, is unwarranted and I would say irresponsible.

Friday – after night had fallen, Joseph took the body from the cross, took it elsewhere, embalmed it, and the next day brought it to the place of burial, Joseph’s grave in the ‘garden’ “near the place where He was crucified”. “There laid they Him” – “and the day turned Sabbath-wards”. That was the second day where Jesus was ‘during the 3 days after He had been crucified’. God told us NO MORE than that Jesus was then, dead. And we do not know what it is to be dead, or how it feels to be dead. We should only before death know that death is sin’s reward – UNLESS our “life is hid in Christ in God”. So was Christ’s Life, “hid in God” even in death – I firmly believe He was not in hell; He was in hell BEFORE He died; in death Jesus' life was given back to the Father, and hidden, in Him.

The third day after Jesus was crucified, He was resurrected from the dead, and “death (was) swallowed up by life” – so that we can only know that on the third day, Life reigned and death on that day found its death in the death and triumph of Christ over death, sin, grave, hell and satan.

8. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand this, and it makes complete sense.

Debbie Mc

9. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wonderful to see such unity of love for and faith in our Lord and Saviour! This a bit of the sweet 'Communion of the saints'.

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    First book of GE - Chapter 2 vs 3??

I think I recognize it.

I think it is from the recently released "no limit" translation of the book of GE.

11. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE
    BobRyan, it was a very wise man who first said, sarcasm is the CHEAPEST wit. Your remarks here are as tasteless as they are senseless and void of 'substance' (your, most feared, word).

I shall open a thread where I and you can take this subject further.

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The point remains - quote scripture to make a point