1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Where was Jesus for 3 days?

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Southern Fried Baptist, Feb 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where was paradise prior to Christ"s resurrection and His ascension?

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't say the BIBLE was wrong. I said the KJV mistranslation of 'hades' is wrong. 'Hell' is the lake of fire.

3. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, there's no such movement of paradise in Scripture. The only movement of such seen in Scripture is when hades shall be emptied & cast into the lake of fire.

4. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe this issue is closed by JESUS' own words to threpentant thief: **TODAY, YOU SHALL BE WITH ME IN PARADISE.**

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no difference? It's obvious you hate the KJV.
    MB

6. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's ACTUALLY obvious is that the KJV's rendering of hades as hell is wrong.

Jesus spent 3 days & nights in PARADISE, as He said He would, and Scripture affirms, including in the KJV.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not impressed by anything you have to say.
    MB

8. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I couldn't care less.

9. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where was Jesus for three days?

the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all - from Isa 53:6
    for him who did not know sin, in our behalf He did make sin, - From 2 Cor 5:21
    for the wages of the sin is death - From Rom 6:23
    that Christ died for our sins, according to the Writings, - from 1 Cor 15:3

In the eyes of God the Father, was the dead Jesus clean or unclean?
    For those three days and three nights, what was the status of our sins?
    Were Peter, James and John still in there sins?
    Was the soul, Jesus, dead in Hades?

10. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus plainly said He'd be in the paradise area of hades.

Luke 23:43 And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”

11. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Well that is kind of an answer, to my last question, in post 49.

To get to the last question you had to look over the first three. All of the questions are relative and I believe relative to order.
    Was the thief, who wanted to be remembered when Jesus came in his kingdom, dead in Hades with the dead Jesus? Was he still in his sins. 1 Cor 15:17,18.

12. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    First of all, one needs to know why 3 days. Jesus waited 3 days before he went to the tomb of Lazarus to raise him from the dead. There is something about 3 days passing as proof one actually died.

Paradise is not, nor ever was beneath the earth. Paradise is considered to be the Garden that Adam and his descendants were banned from. That is where the tree of life is. John in Revelation states it is under the alter, because until the Atonement was made, with the words, "It is finished", the Garden was still off limits. The Law was over and Paradise was once again able to be entered. Upon death, Jesus's spirit entered Abraham's bosom, because immediately the OT saints were all released at the same time, so Jesus' Spirit was in and out of death (Abraham's bosom)instantly. Now here is the part about one's spirit. It is always present with God, even in death. The thief who went to paradise was in the same crowd as all who die in Christ. The soul and spirit are joined, but there is no body. What Jesus promised was that the thief's soul was placed under the alter, paradise. The first one to arrive, and be with God as promised. The OT saints, and Jesus arrive after Jesus met Mary, and then he left with the OT saints to go to Paradise.
    Now for three days, the Ghost with the soul of Jesus and all the OT saints walked about Jerusalem. They could be seen, but only in ghost form. No spirit, and no tangible body. After the 3 days, there was the resurrection into heaven of Jesus and all the OT saints. Now in paradise, reunited with their spirit, under the alter, they all wait until the full body of the church is complete and joining them in a new glorified body.

Jesus returned to earth with his glorified body, and appeared several times until after 40 days he bodily ascended, and as promised will return in like manner, when the 6th seal is opened in heaven.

Jesus' body was left on the cross after death, then it was placed in the tomb, then it just turned to dust and is no more. Those in Abraham's bosom, had no physical bodies, all dust, all gone. They were only soul, and ghost, intangible bodies. All, current death, bodies turn to dust, some faster if cremated. Souls go to Paradise, under the alter, or the place of torment and death.

13. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Same place it is now - it's part of hades.

14. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    MMRRPP ! WRONG !

Paradise, & the rest of hades, are in the spirit world, another 'dimension' from this world. Not under ground, not out in space.

Jesus was resurrected into the body He died in, as is evidenced by its bearing the wounds of the nails & spear. His visible "ghost' didn't walk the earth. That's nonsense.

Jesus himself plainly said He'd be in paradise. That should end all question and controversy. JUST BELIEVE WHAT JESUS HIMSELF SAID ! I do, & have no question nor doubt where He spent the 3 days & nights after His death.

15. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was evidently moved to the third heaven, 2 Corinthians 12:2-4, ". . . caught up to the third heaven. . . . caught up into paradise, . . ."

16. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think so - not in Scripture.

17. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I've learned one thing by reading this thread: MB stands for Much Baloney.

18. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  19. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture does not say paradise was moved to heaven.

20. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    * That day Jesus went to Paradise, Luke 23:43.
    * In His bodily resurrection His soul was not left in Hades, Acts of the Apostles 2:27-31.
    * When Jesus ascended to Heaven, Ephesians 4:8.
    * The Apostle Paul caught up to the third Heaven where then Paradise was also, 2 Corinthians 12:2-4.
    * And It is my Biblical understandind, even as Christ died once on the cross (Romans 6:10, Hebrews 7:27, Hebrews 10:10), He only entered Heaven once (Hebrews 9:12) to be mediator (Hebrews 9:24) until He is to appear His second time, Hebrews 9:28.

The Holy Scripture is true. So your view of Paradise Luke 23:43, 2 Corinthians 12:2-4 does make sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.