1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Which Baptist College has a good Computer Science program?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by DMarsh89, May 8, 2007.

1. DMarsh89

DMarsh89 New Member

I am a Junior in High School, and it about time that I know which college I want to attend. I have been looking at Baylor, since it is in my state, but is there another Baptist College that has a good Computer Science program?

2. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Baylor is an excellent college, although I would also recommend that you look at Texas A&M, they have some of the best Christian ministries on campus that you will find at any university - Baptist or otherwise. My daughter who is in her senior year went to A&M was a fairly good, committed Christian kid in H.S - but she has been on fire for Christ down there . I think the combination of the ministries plus knowing that she has to live her faith on a daily basis has had a major impact. The added bonus is that when you get that Aggie Ring, and your interviewer is wearing an Aggie Ring - the job is yours!!!

The cost of attending A&M - while not cheap is about half of what it costs to attend Baylor. I think baylor is about 30K per year - A&M is 15-17K per year

3. Sly Fox

Sly Fox New Member

But then you have to be an Aggie. And do you want to have to live the rest of your life with that stigma? :smilewinkgrin: If you are considering public schools, UT is the way to go.

Seriously you can get a great education in that field at most of the major Baptist schools.

Since you are in Texas, I might suggest you check out HBU.

Of course I am very partial to my alma mater. Liberty is loaded with Texans looking for a quality education in an outstanding Christian environment. It offers many of the same benefits as Baylor with the exception of proximity.

Baylor is a great school and you wouldn't go wrong with a degree from Waco. But there are a number of quality options.

4. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

5. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't really have a college to recommend, but I just want to say that I'm sorry that you live in Texas :).