1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Which is correct?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Rebel, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seriously, the quote below proves otherwise Michael.

2. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

You are insincere. In the OP I posted the following; that what's this thread is about. ''Considering all the many thousands of religions in the world, and also the many thousands of Christina denominations, how does one who is looking for truth determine which of these religions and denominations is the correct one? If you were not a Christian, or a believer in nay religious tradition, and you -- for whatever reason, wanted to find out if any religion was true, how would you go about that? How would you decide which one was the correct one?

More specifically, suppose you became convinced that Christianity was the true or truest religion. How would you decide which of the multiple thousands of expressions of it (denominations) is the true or truest one?"

So, answer the questions posed, if you can, or stop derailing the thread.

Another thing, the mods here know who I am. You do not.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How is responding directly to questions you asked me derailing the thread.

Uh huh..............

4. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Valid questions you ask. The one I believe I can answer is the reason we as fallen creatures have managed in 2000 years to take one unified church in Acts and managed to turn it into hundreds of denominations and thousands of subgroups is our sin nature and self serving approach to life. Someone says, "I do not want instruments in the worship service, lets start a denomination." I think the congregation should rule the church, lets start a denomination. I found two gold leafs, lets start a denomination. The Bible teaches to sprinkle infants before salvation. Lets start several denominations. One must be baptized to be saved. Lets start a denomination, etc, etc, etc,. If you believe that one can lose their salvation, then the HS in you guided you in a different direction that me. You must listen to and be guide by Him. The example I gave you is how I was guided by the HS and can only offer I as an example. It is more of reading the Bible, praying, and being guided by the HS than it is analyzing 100s of different groups. Go where the Lord leads you.

5. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

I haven't seen you respond directly yet.

And if you want to know about your "Uh huh" I can PM you a mod to contact.

6. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

Thank you for answering the questions I posed. I can agree with you in the part of your post that I put in bold.

7. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Signs follow true believers....you will know them by their fruit....they do the things Jesus did.

8. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

Thank you for your contribution. I was talking more about denominations rather than individual believers. Or not just Christian denominations, but religions in general. For instance, how would a seeker determine if Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, Jainism, Taoism, Sikhism, or Christianity, etc., was the true religion?

9. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    One of the most difficult 'commandments' of the Christians Faith which I admit I am UNABLE to 'keep', is When you don’t have something good to say about something, a person or a church or whatever, then say nothing.

Sorry, but my rebellious spirit fails the test every time.

But it doesn't bother me the least because I know IT DOESN'T BOTHER ANYONE ELSE THE LEAST.

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    plain_n_simple View Post
    <<<Signs follow true believers....you will know them by their fruit....they do the things Jesus did.>>>

All except Christianity are <more about denominations rather than individual believers>.

...and Bob Ryan's church may be the exception in Christianity...