1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Which One is Right?

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Gf50, Jun 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gf50

Gf50 New Member

Why the divisions among us.

This is wrong for the baptist
    to be divided into so many
    different doctrines.

There is only one doctrine and one church.

So why has this not been corrected?

2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because you refuse to correct your wrong doctrine, of course! :)

3. Gf50

Gf50 New Member

I do not have a doctrine. But for the sake of argument.
    What do I believe you say needs to be corrected?

Tell me then you and I can discuss it.

4. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The fact you do not "have a doctrine" is an issue.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

5. Gf50

Gf50 New Member

John 7:16
    Jesus answered them,
    and said, My doctrine is not mine,
    but his that sent me

6. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you do hold to doctrine(s)?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

7. Gf50

Gf50 New Member

John 7:16
    Jesus answered them,
    and said, My doctrine is not mine,
    but his that sent me.

8. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you still haven't clearly answered the questions put to you.

9. Gf50

Gf50 New Member

How much clearer do I have to be for you to understand the truth?

If the scriptures are not clear enough for you...

then I can't live up to your expectations of me..

10. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Either stop demeaning others on this forum and start answering questions and clarifying exactly what you are saying or find another forum to post on.

Last warning.

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    savedbymercy?

12. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In all fairness, I don't see anyone answering his question either:

This is a clear opening to dialogue yet it is demanded of him that before he gets an answer, he must first answer. That is not how discussion, which seems to be the "demand," lol, works.

I cannot see anything wrong with someone asserting their doctrine is not their own, even as Christ does in the passage he quotes. While it might be thought arrogance, at the very least that "arrogance" can be addressed through dialogue, which, from my point of view, has not been offered.

So I will re-ask his question for those participating in this thread to address:

He actually makes a point in this question: no-one seems to know what he believes, yet his beliefs are rejected anyway.

Anyone care to answer him?

God bless.

13. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could you point out the doctrine that is wrong, please?

God bless.

14. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's nothing new. Paul makes it a point that sectarian division is one of the first issues he deals with when writing to the Corinthians, an epistle that in large part is a rebuke to their doctrine and practice.

I agree, but then, we can't all be Independent Fundamental Baptists, can we?

;)

Or can we?

I agree on this for the most part, but, one thing we have to consider is that among believers in the Body there are going to be issues which separate us. Culture, for example. When on a missions Trip to Austria I partook of Communion with the Church there, and just about gagged because they were using real wine. I was used to grape juice. I didn't stand up and condemn them for using wine, lol, just acknowledged that they did things a little different.

But I do agree, that if the Body could set aside that which was traditional to them, whether generational or that which they are used to from their salvation, and focus on Scripture, there would be less division. But you are always going to have, in every congregation, those who disagree with something, lol. If that something is, in their minds, a matter over which the breaking of fellowship is justified, I can't say I can condemn them for breaking fellowship. Of the two, who is right could be examined and concluded upon if measured against Scripture. Recently I was told that some groups are leaving a traditional pattern of baptizing children, and I think the breaking of fellowship in that regard is justifed.

This is true. That is the position I take. Scripture was given with a singular intent, and while we allow for Prophecy at times having multiple fulfillments, and can make application of that which is singular to various relevant issues, that doesn't mean we do not have a responsibility to discover that singular intent.

Men have tried to sincerely "correct" since the beginning of the Church. Paul's correction is usually observed as authoritative, but that doesn't mean the student has actually understood the meaning of that correction. I think there are many who hold to erroneous doctrine who sincerely believe their interpretation is correct, thus cannot see that their doctrine is in error.

But it's not really our place to do more than point that error out. Only God can enlighten the minds of men to truth, all we can do is attempt to be used of Him in that effort. All of us, my friend, assume that we are the ones that are right, and its the other guy that's wrong. But if we are found to be in error, would we impose the same condemnation on ourselves that we do on those who are...

...heretics! lol

A preacher once said, "I believe there is a little heretic in all of us," and I agree with him, because all of us start out ignorant, and in error, and it is only through God's instruction that we begin to see things as they really are. As we travel that path of learning, we should recognize the errors we have overcome, and credit God, not ourselves, with learning the truth.

The bottom line, for the OP, is this: even the children of God can suffer sibling rivalry, and be at odds with one another. Doesn't mean we don't love our brothers and sisters, its just typical for siblings to have a mentality of, "Well I can pick on him, but you better not."

I think denominational distinction is actually a good thing in part, because it is important to separate those who take differing views. There can be no harmony in a fellowship except there be a oneness in understanding, doctrine, practice, and vision. Secondly, because of that distinction, many will be exposed to doctrines that group holds, and the Word of God. And I think God can use that to instruct His children. What could be a better way to show someone an erroneous doctrine than for them to be somewhere that these doctrines are taught, which places that issue forefront for the believer.

Scripture will correct, my friend, so we leave that in the hands of God. He has used His Word to show the way we should go since the beginning.

God bless.

15. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Christ could say that because he knew precisely what his doctrine was. YOU ARE NOT CHRIST, therefore, no one can know what your doctrine is until you spell it out. To claim you have not doctrine is simply false. Doctrine simply means "teaching" and so if you have nothing to teach, you are an ignoramus that should keep quiet or you are simply ignorant of the term or being dishonest.

16. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As this thread was started by a now banned member, it is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.