1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Which PHYSICIAN are you?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by latterrain77, Apr 22, 2003.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course.

HankD

2. Baptist Bible Believer

The O.P. states in the second example:

"Doctor #2 - "Good morning Mr. Notwell please step into my office and have a seat. May I get you a cup of coffee? Tea? Mr. Notwell, I have some good news for you and I also have some bad news for you too. First, the bad news. I've looked at the x-rays and they reveal that a problem does exist. The good news is that I think I can help you. Now understand, it will require effort on your part as well as mine. But I think I can help. If we work together I'm confident that we can deal with it effectively. One thing is certain Mr. Notwell, you can count on me to walk you through every step of the healing process. I will be there for you no matter how bad it gets. I'm here to HELP you."

To which I Am Blessed 16 responded:

"Doctor #2 because he patterned after the Great Physician, which we should all try to do."

BBB:

Sue, may I say that I do not believe that Dr. 2 represents CHRIST at all, the Great Physician. When I came to Him, sick and undone by my sins He did not suggest that I should do my part and He would do his for that would suggest a "do" religion, would it not? Rather he said, "I've already taken care of your need, before the very foundation of the world your salvation was prepared - and at the cross I shouted "It is finished!" for you. Sue, our salvation is a "done" deal.

Nope, no effort on my part at all - else he death would have been unnecessary.

3. Baptist Bible Believer

rlvaughn writes:

"My answer is neither. I will be Doctor #3 (from whom he should have gotten a third opinion ) who would say:

"Mr. Notwell step into my office. I have some bad news for you. I've looked at the x-rays and it shows you have a terrible disease. It's a very bad, particularly awful disease. Frankly Mr. Notwell, when I saw the x-ray's I was aghast! Your condition is bad. I'm sorry, but there is nothing that I can do for you. BUT, I know a Great Physician who can!"

BBB:

But then that would imply that it is GOD's will to heal all sickness. It is my understanding that GOD is often glorified through the sickness of His people, and often uses their testimony to reach a lost and dying world.

Certainly this board doesn't suggest that faith healers are legitimate - though I'm sure we both agree that GOD does occasionally heal and most often uses doctors to do it - and medicine.

4. Baptist Bible Believer

I'm sure the punch line is, "Why don't we treat fellow Christians like that?" </font>[/QUOTE]You can't always treat a fellow believer like that. Sometimes you just have to exclude them.

"Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us." (2 Tim. 3:6).

5. Baptist Bible Believer

Most people live their lives in the hopes that when their lifestyles (overeating, smoking, drinking, etc.) catch up with them that science will have a cure JUST for them - rather than take steps now while they still have their health to retain a modicum of a chance that they keep their health.

The doctor is in his rights to rebuke most of his patients.

6. Baptist Bible Believer

lATTERRAIN wrote:

"Calling down fire from heaven (Luke 9: 54-55) is an exclusive right that belongs to GOD alone - according to HIS good pleasure. Verse 55 is unambiguous and proves both points at the same time (HE can, we can't)"

I dunno, Elijah did a pretty fair job of it.