1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Which way now.

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by herdhillbilly, Oct 2, 2001.

1. I need some assistance. I have really been on fire for the Lord the past few months. I feel as though I have been called to the mission field. I was actually ready to apply to one, New Tribes Missions. Only trouble is, I am divorced. My ex-wife abandoned the kids and I. My second wife fought to save her former marriage for several years, fully aware the whole time that her ex-husband was going out on her as well. Shortly after my divorce and two years after my Tammy's (now my wife) divorce, we met, had a short engagement, and got marrried. I was rejected by New Tribes because my divorce came after I was saved. I'm not putting them down. But if anyone can recommend a missions organization who can assist me, I would appreciate it very much. THANKS [email protected]

2. Joey M

Joey M New Member

It is sad that many get the scripture mixed up like that. The fact that the Bible says Let him be the husband of one wife. Has nothing to do with divorce in the first place. Bigomitry, was common back then and they were saying to be the husband of one wife not many. Now the Bible talks about divorce also. It is forbidden except in the case of adultery. But now if she left you, you are under no oblagation there. If my wife goes out and murders someone, and I hope it's not me, am I to accountable to God for that? How then would God hold me accountable for my wife if she were to leave me?

3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree there is alot of dogmatic confusion about divorce amoungst the brethren. But, there is no sense in using your own head to break down the walls built by that confusion. Rather, prayerfully look around and see if there is an unconventional way to carry out the ministry God has called you to.

There are many places on the mission field at home and abroad that are not pastoral in nature (hence, sidestepping the objections of some). Have you given thought to joining up with the missionary construction teams that are organized on a regular basis? There are tentmaking opportunities in countries that do not accept "missionaries" as such.

Hoping to shed more light than heat,
    Keith

[ October 15, 2001: Message edited by: The Squire ]