1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Whistle blowers at Fox get Axed

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by windcatcher, Nov 30, 2008.

1. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

This may be old news to some.... I find both their treatment by Fox, and the content of the subject which concerned them alarming. 10min video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trWcqxrQgcc&feature=related

Freedom 'of the press' is 'free' and in control by those who own and run it.... Its interest is corporate..... that of making and preserving their own profits.... not informing the people, as this clip shows.

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sadly I am not surprised. I have said for years that TV sponsors are calling the shots, we, the American people, are not being told the truth. I have seen big new break in other countries, while I was there, and it was never reported in the US. Money controls commercial TV in the States. While some say public TV is liberal, it is not controlled by advertising giants in the way commercial TV is. The New Hour goes into the news in depth and usually presents people on both sides.

We, the American people, are fed pablem .... say lie what has Brittany, or Rosie done now and kept ignorant of really important news that affects our lives.

Politicians are on a similiar gravy train.

3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I'm going to have to agree with you once again! :thumbs:

4. ray Marshall

ray Marshall New Member

You can get a absolute different view from other countries. I use to listen to short-wave radio and I can vouch that we do not get the truth on our new channels.

5. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I'm wondering if any saw the video and considered what these reporters investigated and discovered (as per this in the OP:I find both their treatment by Fox, and the content of the subject which concerned them alarming) and weren't allowed to inform the public?

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Wow, what a disturbing video. What more disturbing is the end where the judge threw the case out of court.

1. If Fox (or its advertisers) owns the station, do they have a right to say what it airs as news or not?

2. The reporters work for the station, are they restricted to only reporting the stations views and wishes?

3. Do you see a larger problem when Lawyers write the news?

Thank God for media tools like YouTube or we'd had never seen this clip. I would think PBS could report these types of stories with no fear of repercussions as long as they can prove the allegations.

It seems the "Haves" are so powerful and in control that the "Have nots" can be put at physical risk with support of the Government. This is more proof that every man is out for himself and we have lost interest of caring for our fellowman.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To simply say it was fox is incomplete information. It is a local affiliate in Florida.

8. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

LeBuick :thumbs: , what disturbed me is that this investigation was being altered and weakened down by 80 rewrites to remove the offending and shocking information it contained. Similar information was available to Canadian authorities who protected the health of their people by stopping the use of hormones in dairy cattle.. But here, neither our agencies protect us against the corporate profit, nor will our news conglomerates reward the deep digging, hard work, and investigation it takes to bring the truth or questionable concerns to the American public in regard to food safety and our health.

As a cancer survivor, I'm concerned that hormones and chemicals in food and in food production are being accepted by agencies, licensed and protected by government, promoted by corporate monies..... and injurying animals and earth and causing cancers and effiminate and other health conditions in our people: and that the young are particularly susceptible...though it may take a while for damage to really show up.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is hardly a surprise.

It is becoming common for commercial sponsors and political parties as well as individual politicians, to threaten stations that intend to air programs or commercials that may be damaging to them.

Local stations and networks frequently relent rather than fight a long legal battle.

10. Allan

Allan Active Member

Yep, but it is said of all news networks not just one.

Rent the video "Expelled" which talks about Darwin and Intelligent Design and listen the couple of reporters who lost their jobs, NOT for choosing sides but for simply reporting both sides evenly. And many wont even touch certain topics (like ID and others) because they COULD loose their jobs.