1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Whitehouse demands reporters allows them to edit quotes

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, May 11, 2021.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    sigh A source is not data. Your own definition which you provided said cherry picking involved ignoring data. The claim in the op is just that and it is unsubstantiated. I gave a specific factual reason why I reject the unsubstantiated claim made in the op about Trump. That is data. Thus far I am the only one to provide any data. Neither you nor the author of the op has.

your false claim of me is called being a false witness. It may have been out of ignorance .

2. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What a joke.

What is data? Data is a piece of information. Claims are information and thus data. Data, information, claims they can all be either true or false.

The source made a claim about the Biden administration that you accept because you think it makes them look questionable (I think it makes them look shrewd as it would any source that uses this strategy regardless of their party).

But that same source making a claim that the Trump administration did the same thing is "just a claim and not data".

Cherry picking 101.

#42 Gold Dragon, May 17, 2021
    Last edited: May 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    not sure why this needs to be explained but in any given source not all of the info needs to be excepted. I didn’t just reject it I gave solid reasons why. Now you want to ignore that I gave solid reasons why and psychoanalyze my rejection of what you like in a way that benefits your view of me. Problem is you can’t really know that about me and once again your being a false witness. I’m use to it from you but this time I’m going to call you out on it.

Further, you haven’t dealt with the facts I have provided about Trump and the way he regularly and openly dealt with the press which makes his suppression of quotes unlikely. You just continue your false claim of me ignoring data. Say a lie enough times and someone might start to believe it. Maybe even you.

4. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are running out of room on the backpedaling. You can “sigh” all you want but you didn’t give “solid reasons” you gave your usual partisan and biased opinion.

It’s odd to die on this hill when the subject at hand isn’t even really a problem.

5. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You really want to keep embarassing yourself?

This article is from 2012

Quote approval furore forces US news media to rethink 'unacceptable' practice

Here is the Trump administration actually doing "Background with Quote Approval" which is very wise of them. Yes it is Politico but also widely reported in other sources.

Trump's off-the-record on-the-record toggle vexes reporters

It is true that the Trump administration cared less about accurate messaging and therefore likely used quote approval less than the Biden administration does. If someone said something wrong, they just tried to pretend it didn't happen and distracted the the media with new outrageous incorrect statement or outright lie.

#45 Gold Dragon, May 17, 2021
    Last edited: May 17, 2021
  6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    umm the embarrassment is yours. I’ve shown you have ignored facts, you have falsely accused me and continue to stay on your false narrative. I can no longer take you seriously.

7. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Lol. Head, meet sand.

8. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You didn’t know what data means and you didn’t provide facts. You provided an opinion which is demonstrably false.