1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Who Did Cain Marry?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Baptist4life, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, quit beating around the bush, roby! Just come out and say it! You believe God created OTHER PEOPLE besides Adam and Eve! Which is completely un-Biblical . You get the first few chapters of Genesis wrong, you got it all wrong, IMHO.

2. Baptist4life

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, roby, Scripture is NOT silent about it! God PLAINLY states in Scripture:

Genesis 3:20 And Adam called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living.

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK!!!

So where did this " other family" that Seth married into come from--???:confused::confused::confused:

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who else but Abel's immediate relatives would want to kill Cain?

5. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Thank You Aaron, I appreciate immensely that you will not waste your time with me.

6. quantumfaith

This is perhaps the most poignant and intellectually honest statement in this post thus far.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

7. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am saying that A&E's children didn't cohabit with each other. Just WHOM they mighta cohabited with isn't known. Your guess is with each other, but YOUR guess has no more bearing than anyone else's.

Yes, in corpsman A-school over 40 years ago. Lots more has been discovered since then. But like produces like; thus says the LORD.

I don't agree with much of it. For example, most black people originally came from lands near the equator, with much more sun than northern or southern latitudes. Now, one would believe that people who'd lived in those lands for many generations woulda developed light, thick skin to reflect infrared rays and resist UV rays, insteada dark skin that absorbs both.

But not His basic laws.

I believe they ALWAYS had that permission. Abel was a shepherd, and made animal sacrifices.

Dietary restrictions were there largely for health reasons. For example, trichinosis was prevalent in swine, and the israelis were not known for overcooking their food.

Actually, they then had JESUS filling that role.

While Scripture is silent about that, it's NOT silent about INCEST. Bottom Line!

But He did NOT change His BASIC LAWS. Lamech apparently slew another man in self-defense, and we don't see GOD charging him with murder.(This was NOT the Lamech who was Noah's father.)

Mutations do not tend to produce likenesses of themselves, but produce likenesses of their parents. For example, the famed midgets General Tom Thumb (Charles Stratton,, 3'4", 71 LB) and Lavinia Warren, his wife(3'2") had average-size siblings. They practiced the birth control available at the time, as doctors warned that they'd have normal-size children, and Mrs. Stratton would most-likely not survive a pregnancy. (Her sister Minnie, also a small person barely 3' tall, wed another midget, and died of complications of childbirth, having a normal-size 6-LB baby who also died.)

Stratton died in 1883, age 46 of a stroke; Lavinia lived into 1919, died age 78.

Many extermely-tall former NBA players have average-height children.

I was in high school with four siblings, one boy, three girls, who were all tallet than I. (I'm 6'2") I was taller than their parents; I am taller than all their children I know of.

And the list goes on.

8. Baptist4life

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ^^^ That was a joke, right? :eek:

9. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

All I know is that Abel was a Calvinist. He had his soteriology squared away.

:thumbs:

10. Baptist4life

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The ONLY alternative to Cain not marrying a sister, or even a distant relative would be what roby is insinuating. That God created OTHER PEOPLE besides Adam and Eve, which would totally undermine the Gospel, IMHO.

His posts about the different races also insinuates that God created the races apart from one another! All while ignoring clear Scripture in Genesis 3:20! And this is a man who demeans and harasses KJVO people for not having Scripture for their beliefs! :BangHead:

11. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who Did Cain Marry?

Not Abel, in spite of what left-wingers might think.

12. quantumfaith

Actually, not entirely

13. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

So there's no actual prohibition in place at the time. Just a supposition.

Do we even know if it was a common taboo in other ancient pagan societies?

Oh really? You paint a sunny picture of human nature.

14. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I am of the age, and being part of a group of seniors, I have the honor of attending the funerals of men and women of faith.

The wages of sin is death, both the spiritual separation from God, and the second death in the lake of fire.

Born anew believers are not separated from God spiritually, they are together with Christ. Those condemned because of unbelief are separated from God from conception.

Yes Jesus is the only remedy.

Yes we are made alive in Christ, everyone not in Christ is dead spiritually. Thus when set apart in Christ, the sanctifying work of the Spirit, they go from being dead to being made alive together with Christ Ephesians 2:5.

Some assert that this death at conception is passed physically, in the genes, but a careful reading of the fall teaches the corruption, and hence separation (death) is passed spiritually, i.e. Eve's eyes were opened, yet she was not born physically subsequent to the fall. Minor point but there is no reason to pass along bogus views.

15. Baptist4life

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please stay on topic.

16. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, that's not the only alternative. Some theistic evolutionists think that man evolved from hominids until a time where God intervened and breathed a living soul into Adam. Thus, Adam became the first man, and because he had a soul, i.e. three components to his being, he was in the image of God. This theory stipulates that Cain was kicked out of the Garden and went and found a hominid female which he mated with.

Robycop3 hasn't stated his position on where Cain's wife came from. Don't put words into his mouth.

17. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In The Light:
    And I don't intend to, except to say it wasn't his sister. That's based upon SCRIPTURE...which is silent about who she was, but NOT silent about INCEST.

18. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We don't know for sure. However, it's very likely, as there was one against murder. The first people apparently didn't write(To WHOM would they write?) but they had directives from GOD besides the "forbidden fruit", which became inaccessible after E&A ate of it.

Almost certainly so, as there's little mention of it in secular history.

"Just the FACTS."

-Sgt. Friday, Dragnet

19. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    MMRRPP! WRONG!

I said it was a POSSIBILITY. You CANNOT prove that it's NOT.

20. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    MMRRPP! WRONG!

(application of Scripture, that is.)

Eve was still the grandMOTHER of her grandchildren, no matter who they married. And she was still the great-grandMOTHER of her childrens' childrens' children, no matter who they married.

The Scripture is right; your 'take' of it is off.

None of them wed their sister or brother.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.