1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Who do you like for the 2020 baseball season? And other thoughts!?!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jul 25, 2020.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not a sin, Brother, to catch the occasional Clemson or Georgia football game. Now, if you cheer for Alabama then that is what the Bible calls "sinning with a high hand".

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well Jon I'm West Coast... USC!... GOOOOOOO!... TROGANS!... But just for you Jon... ROOOOOOLL TIIIIIIIDE!...:oops:... See what you made me do Jon:(... Now I gotta Repent... Brother Glen:Whistling:Roflmao

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whats a stidium hold - 30,000!! what wrong with letting s- say 5,000 people in??

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, Braves are 1-1. I am not really missing the crowd too much on TV. I kinda like the cutouts in the section behind the plate. They don't act stupid and many are dogs. Some of the dogs are wearing team shirts. Dogs are normally not allowed in the stands.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought the same thing. Close rows and seats and sell tickets (I'd hate to see the price of a ticket).

I like going to minor league games. That is what I am missing this season.

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The Monday night game between the Miami Marlins and Baltimore Orioles has been postponed due to a possible COVID-19 outbreak on the Marlins. According to ESPN’s Jeff Passan, at least seven players and two coaches have tested positive in addition to the four positives that were reported on Sunday.

Following that news, the game between the Philadelphia Phillies and New York Yankees was also postponed. That game was to take place at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, which is where the Marlins played all weekend. MLB issued a statement on both postponements.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-marlins-orioles-game-canceled-due-to-possible-covid-19-outbreak-131829538.html

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is Monday morning here in California, and with the Marlin outbreak, folks are looking at ending the season. But if it continues, it should get a double asterisk and not contribute to any MLB records.

8. Guvnuh

Guvnuh Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’m done with professional sports. Play the game and don’t use your field, court or track as a platform to display your political opinions or emotions about social ills. Play the game or in other words, do your job. I used to tune in to watch my team or a good game not to watch or listen to their politics.
    No más.

9. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A pox on you, you ole debbil!!!:Devilish:Devilish Repent post-haste!!!!:Cry:Cry

10. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I'm not, if I was an old debbil, I would be rooting for the Arizona State Sun Devils... Brother Glen:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Da bums from Brooklyn....err, L.A., all the way. GO L.A.1111