1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Who has had Covid?

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness' started by Reynolds, May 27, 2021.

1. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just wondering. I had a sinus infection for a couple weeks. Was talking to Dr about Covid vaccine.I had no intention of getting it, just always want to hear latest information. His opinion is like mine, too new and not enough long term data unless you high risk He suggested blood work to see if I had already had Covid 19. Sure nuff, I have already had it and had very high levels of antibodies. So, that puts vaccine issue to rest. I got it once and was at worst demonstrating symptoms of sinus infection or cold.
    To those who know you have had it, did you get real sick, kinda sick, or asymptomatic?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had it last November into December. REALLY sick. I do NOT want it again. I will be taking the vaccine around the first of July when my regular check up is.

My doctor told me that the antibodies were strong and as long as one has them [info now says six months or so] there is no need to take the vaccine.

That's the sickest I've been in my life or at least it felt like it. :confused: I have friends who never once had a symptom and friends/acquaintances who are dead.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My doc said same thing about antibodies. He also said in theory, you should not get anymore sick the next time you get the virus than you did the first, even assuming no antibodies still present. If antibodies still present, even less sick.
    I have Ivomec and Hydroxychloriquine if needed. Doc that gave them to me said he has not had to put anyone in hospital since he started using them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. kathleenmariekg

kathleenmariekg Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know if I have had it or not. I have been exposed. I have been sick. I have not been very sick. Also, the list of symptoms has changed with time and have grown wider. When I was the most sick, I was suffering with symptoms only added to the list later. In the early days, we were told that some symptoms proved that you did NOT have the virus. Conjunctivitis is one of those symptoms.

I don't have a primary doctor and have been avoiding treatment for anything, even some pretty serious issues. I have no access to the vaccine. I don't really have a choice at this point, but with no access to medical care if I have a bad reaction, I am likely to skip any "opportunity" to have an experimental foreign substance injected my body under these conditions.

5. Hannahande

Hannahande Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A family friend got the C-virus about 2 months ago. And it was the worst sickness she ever had, it was way more painful breathing compared to asthma. Since I have asthma, it is really hard to breath so just imagine more difficult than that....

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My brother was out for about a week. Said it was like a bad flu. A friend and his wife had it. Said they just had no energy for about a week (exhausted after walking to the living room).

7. Bassoonery

Bassoonery Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My brother and his wife think they had it very early last year in the days when people were being told not to get tested unless it was absolutely necessary. They were wiped out and in bed for about 2 weeks. Never got tested so they won't be part of the stats.

We have lost 3 of our finest Mizo missionaries and pastors in the past 3 weeks, who had been working elsewhere in India. Faithful husbands and fathers aged 30-50. All of them got very sick very fast, then seemed to be recovering before suddenly being called away. The shortage of oxygen supplies hasn't helped. It's worrying to see this variant spreading from India to other countries like the UK, Vietnam and Australia.

Sent from my SM-C900F using Tapatalk

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  8. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because of a false negative test I infected my whole clan (nine of us including my 96 yo Dad) at our annual Christmas dinner back in December. We all breezed through it except my 9 yo granddaughter who had to have an emergency appendectomy (the surgeon had done four operations on covid kids in 24 hrs). The virus can affect many organs in the body.

I've no intention of taking the vaccine.

#8 kyredneck, May 31, 2021
    Last edited: May 31, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    -<sad>....curious if 'the variant' requires it's own vaccine...

#9 kyredneck, May 31, 2021
    Last edited: May 31, 2021
  10. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It will when it mutates enough. Best science is saying it will be like flu shot. Yearly.
    I saw a doc other day who said those who get vax will have to keep doing it. He was explaining how vaccine will destroy your bodies ability to fight variants and similar wild viruses. He worked over 30 years on Corona virus vaccines. Said weakened ability to survive variants and similar variants in animal testing is why they all failed. He said he had a common cold vaccine that was over 99% effective. In animal testing, they subjected the animals to archived virus of the common cold starting 12 years old.(they used that strain for test vax) He said by the time they exposed the animals to 7th year variant, it was over 60% fatal. By 9th year variant, it was almost 90% fatal.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow! Scary. Sure looks like that info is being shushed... Are there any reputable sources that are publicly saying the same?

12. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Daystar TV has Drs on all the time that share it. Soon as it hits internet it gets Censored and shut down . You pretty much have to watch it on TV. My Doc is all into it and confirms what they are saying .

13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that's a hard sell because we have been living with the flu, with at least 2 variants a year and an ever changing flu vaccine (well over 9 years of varients) and fatalities have not risen.

I guess living with the flu, varients, and vaccines colors our perception (COVID-19 is even compared to the flu).

14. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Flu is a different virus. Totally different.

15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. My point is we are accustomed to the flu and so many times those against wearing masks have compared it to the flu (even call it the "China flu).

Truth is we have had Corona viruses for along time (discovered in what? The 1960's?) but cannot really know with COVID-19 (each have been different...e g , look at SARS).

Also, your post deals with the "common cold", primarily caused by rhinoviruses, not one of the 4 Corona viruses known to be transfered to humans.

Time will tell.

16. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Common cold is a coronavirus.
    Is the Common Cold Caused by a Coronavirus? Doctors Explain

17. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
  18. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The vaccine study in question was done with common cold caused by coronavirus.

19. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  20. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mayo Clinic says the common cold is caused by many viruses, mostly by rhinoviruses.

Common cold - Symptoms and causes

CDC says the same:

Many different respiratory viruses can cause the common cold, but rhinoviruses are the most common.

Common Colds

Coronavirus can also cause common cold symptoms.